SOL approaching...need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOL approaching...need some help

I have a $48k CC debt that was recently purchased by a Junk Debt Buy. A local law firm representing a JDB sent me a letter a couple weeks ago stating I have 30 days to respond blah blah blah. This debt will enter SOL in 2 months. I'm sure this firm is going to sue soon;They already have a default judgement from a couple years ago.

What can I do to delay being sued for a couple months? SOL is in December.

What is the SOL in your state? Because the SOL was reset when they got that judgement against you.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
      What is the SOL in your state? Because the SOL was reset when they got that judgement against you.
      SOL is 3 years for CC debt in my state. They got a judgement on a completely different account a couple years ago; I only referenced that judgement because it's the same law firm that is coming after me.

Comment

Nothing.

If they will sue, they will sue.

The only thing you can do to delay a lawsuit is to enter a payment plan; but, as you probably know, making a payment resets the SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by seattle View Post
          SOL is 3 years for CC debt in my state. They got a judgement on a completely different account a couple years ago; I only referenced that judgement because it's the same law firm that is coming after me.
          There's nothing you can do. Either they are going to file or they are not. Filing BK would pretty much deal with this issue.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X