341 meeting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting today

So we my wife and I got asked the usual questions everyone talks about. We were the 2nd case to be heard and the couple ahead of us had a few extra questions cause they owned a older Firebird car. The meeting was maybe 5 minutes long. After we left our lawyer said it went very well and we should have no issues. LOL easy for him to say. I thought the waiting for the meeting was agonizing. The waiting for a possible discharge will be worse. I hope all goes well..... Anyway I just had to tell someone.

Congrats on an uneventful 341!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations! Waiting for discharge could be less agonizing, as you don't have to do anything anymore, just relax and imagine you've got it already.

Comment

TY I am just a really impatient person. It's been a long process we tried to avoid. But there comes a time when you just don't want to struggle anymore. It's out of my hands now.

Comment

Unfortunately, waiting for the legal process to run its course, will force patience on a person, because it is out of your hands. You will be fine.

Welcome to the 60 Day Club, and welcome to the forum!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!! Enjoy this time! After my husband and I went through our 341, it was pretty much smooth sailing.

Comment

So I get a letter from a collection agency that a bill ( At&t ) has been turned over to them. This bill was included in our BK. This is against the law for them to do this correct? I am not so much concerned about it as it was covered as I said. But I wanna no how much to blast them when I call the number.

Comment

COngrats on an uneventful 341. Not sure about collection letter, I thought they shouldn't contact you either.

Comment

Congratulations on your 341.

Regarding the AT&T thing, you're going to run into issues like this even after discharge, you need to just deal with them methodically. It's not clear from your post whether AT&T assigned the debt for collection, or they sold it to a JDB. In either case it's possible (and even if this isn't so, AT&T will undoubtedly say) that the assignment or sale took place before your filing, or before AT&T knew of the filing. In the real world, even if it didn't, these big corporations are so fouled up it's very likely the process had started and there's nothing in place to catch a BK once they start budling up a set of accounts to assign or sell. I would just write the CA with your BK case number and CC AT&T. I'm very sure this will go away promptly.
                  Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Welcome!!! Relax and rejoice! You are almost done!
                    Enjoy the knowledge that if you continue to be harassed by collectors, the potential to earn a few bucks is there. Be nice the first time and give them the chance to correct their records; consider FDCPA violations and an income opp after that If that appeals to you of course. Personally, I'd love to beat them at their own game.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

No bumps in the road as of yet. 19 more days to go. Christmas eve.............. Ugh the wait lol

Comment

Congrats on a successful 341!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X