X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your chapter 7 costs

Hi all,

What was the final cost that you paid your attorney? Was it the same as he / she initially told you or did you pay more for additional things? If you paid more, what were the reasons and costs for (e.g. telephone or email questions, adversary complaints, etc.)?

From my research, all attorneys have a base rate, plus extra charges, should any situation(s) arise. Their fees ranged from $1,800 to over $3K. All of them had other potential charges that might be incurred, such as an extra $1,500 if I wanted to continue with my business operation, $100 for a comparative market analysis, $50 for credit report for each person, $85 hour for paralegal time, etc.

I’m in northern CA and have a small business (sole proprietor with no employees using my SS#). My attorney believes he’ll be able to file my business along with my personal assets and exemptions. He, himself, filed for BK in the past because of student loans. But I didn’t hire him solely because he was the cheapest, but also because he’d been through the process and therefore has first hand experience with all that’s involved (trustees, court, etc).

Please comment and include any other considerations / issues that you came across when you filed for BK7.

Thank you…….

HKK

HKK, we close these type of threads, because, even you won't believe me, they don't really help anyone. BK fees are not standardized even in a single district let alone across districts and across states. So, what a small business owner paid for a BK in Ohio doesn't provide any meaningful insight for a married couple in Florida.

Comment

Also, you should consider changing your username. Although HHM did not mention it, your HHK moniker is close enough that people can confuse the two of you. There is a mention of this in the Forum rules:

If you have not yet reviewed the rules for posting on this forum, now is a good time to do so. Please see the last sentence of paragraph #4 under "Things you agree not to do:"

Thank you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X