No announcement yet.

How To Walk Away From House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now your talking. Keep the faith it will all work out. I recently took 2 truck loads of stuff to Goodwill, I do not miss the stuff.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Best of luck to you. I, too, tend to overthink the process and have appreciated the support of the forum. It's nightmarish at times.

Comment

If it were me I would do what floridagail said in first post. And as DWA134 says - even if you try and reach out to them they wont even care. Just stay and bank what you can.

In my opinion, you are doing them a favor by staying and taking care of the house while they follow the legal process in your area of foreclosing. if you abandon it then they have to spend more money to keep it up, etc.... no sense in letting it sit there empty and rot for 1-2+ yrs.....

Also I know its personal to you (its your home after all) but its not personal to your lender/investor. So don't sweat it.....its a business transaction plain and simple. When you are legally required to leave, then leave. Otherwise stay put and have them follow the process. If the bank calls you and asks for payment just say I'm sorry I cant pay right now, not sure when or if I can. I'm open to hearing any other options you may have for reducing my obligation, otherwise I will wait to hear about the next steps in the foreclosure process. Good Luck!

Comment

really? This is good to know. How do you avoid the eviction though? If it goes to sheriff sale, and then the sheriff comes to kick you out, I thought that was considered an eviction.
          Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
          Discharged 7/24/2012
          Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

Once the bank gets their summary judgement then the house goes to be sold with a auction date ,usually within 30 days, then it get taken out of your name, that is time to move, If you continue to stay after it is bank name, then they would have to start eviction process. The auction is sometimes called sheriff sale. but it is just the sale of house basically going back to bank or whoever buys it. No sheriff is involved.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X