Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) and Credit Report Trade Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) and Credit Report Trade Lines

Back in December 2003, I had my Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharged. This year December 2013 (10 years later), it should drop off my credit report.

In that bankruptcy were several credit cards and each one of those cards have a negative trade-line.

Question ...

Will those individual negative credit card trade-lines drop off after 7 years or do I have to wait the 10 years for them to drop off, since they were associated with a bankruptcy?

After that 7 or 10 years ... can those companies continue to report on those credit cards ?

Your accounts included in BK should have dropped off 7 1/2 yrs after DOFD (date of first delinquency.) The public record of BK remains for 10 yrs., so it should drop off soon.

Make sure you get all 3 reports from annualcreditreport.com, and check them for accuracy. Did you do that anytime since your discharge or are you just starting this now?

...and welcome to the forum!

Comment

"Did you do that anytime since your discharge or are you just starting this now?"

I started about 5 years ago to just get the tradelines fixed ... they were showing amounts due, chargeoffs, etc.

Then I stopped when I got transferred to another city for 3 years ... now I'm back and those discharged accounts are almost 10 years old ... so, I'll try to get them removed ... and in December, get the BK removed.

Once the tradelines are this old and removed, can the creditors put them back on my credit report again in the future ???

"...and welcome to the forum! "

Thanks, back when I did the BK, I used some forum to get lawyers names and advice.
      Last edited by AlmostOver; 03-08-2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X