top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting Middle district of Fl went bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    The attorneys who stink are the ones who put somebody who can qualify for a 7 into a 13 just because it will go over better with the trustee. Don't be so quick to judge this attorney. He very well may get Floridagail's husband discharged. A trustee objection doesn't mean the attorney did anything wrong.
    It is my sincere hope that all goes well for these people. I was not quick to judge, but if you follow the thread, there seems to be issues the attorney did not cover or was prepared for.

Depositing a wining lottery ticket for a friend to avoid paying child support? WTF? They are lucky the trustee doesn't report them for that. Enabling someone to avoid responsibility to their children is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by kmattin View Post
      It is my sincere hope that all goes well for these people. I was not quick to judge, but if you follow the thread, there seems to be issues the attorney did not cover or was prepared for.

Depositing a wining lottery ticket for a friend to avoid paying child support? WTF? They are lucky the trustee doesn't report them for that. Enabling someone to avoid responsibility to their children is not a good thing.
      As much as I agree with this, I'm sure there is much more to this situation than we will ever know. OP's part in this was with the best intentions and what's done is done. OP and hubby didn't benefit from this, and we're here to support them, not the friend. We all make mistakes, ya know?

Comment

First of all, the powerball ticket was never brought up at 341, I only mentioned it because it looked like hubby was gambling. The attorney or the trustee will not know who got the cash. We accept it as we cashed it.

The attorney certainly did not warn us, but again he appeared offguard too. He told us the only thing that matters is our disposable income which is minus -1748. Even taking away the second truck 418.00 amonth . We will still be in red. If they do not allow our house payment since we stop paying than we would be in trouble. We will see what happens in next 30 days.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Again, my hope is that all goes well and any difficulties experienced at the 341 meeting will be ironed out with success.

I just wonder about the lottery ticket and that sooner or later it ill be looked at. This involves many things, the IRS just being one of them.

My trustee took a very long look at my taxes. I hope they pay little attention to this.

I just hope that however it turns out, the children of your friend benefited from his power ball winnings.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X