Personal chapter 7 and business owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal chapter 7 and business owner

This will be a long post, and i have found some interesting and helpful info on this boards, but nothing specific to my question. I am a partner in a business and i am contemplating filing chapter 7. My research shows that I definitely pass the means test. I have used to of my personal credit cards to finance the business since its start in 2003. Of course like everyone else the interest rates have skyrocketed and we can't pay the minimum amount due anymore. I am a hairdresser and own a salon with a partner. I know that they will look at the p & l's of the business and it really doesn't have much value, other than the stations and chairs and a small amount of inventory. Will my personal bankrutpcy affect my business? I also have a credit card that is under the business name but has my name as a user, will I need to list this on my bankruptcy. My business is nothing if me and my business partner aren't working it our clients is what makes the money. I hope to be able to file and include the 2 personal cards that i have used for the business, so I can get back on track as well as the business. When we don't have these 2 credit card bills to pay for the business , the business might become more solvent, but right now we are in the hole, and struggle everyday to pay the bills. I know every case is different and this is all the info that I can think to put on here. Please help, any feedback with be appreciated. I am trying to hold off for as long as possible. I also saw that people are saying to stop paying the cc bills, which goes against everything that I am about, I have always paid my bills. I just want a fresh start for me and my business. Oh yeah my p & L's on my business shows a negative cash flow. And alot of that is because of these 2 major credit cards that we pay which is about $1300 per month.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X