Filing tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing tomorrow!

I have an appointment with my attorney tomorrow to file my Chapter 7. I am nervous, but I already feel a huge sense of relief to know that my fresh start is coming soon. I spoke with the attorney that had filed the Supplementary Process on Friday to let him know I was filing BK and he said he would dismiss the court date. So yay, no court on Thursday!

I made a Word document with the account information for my car, our cell phones and my student loan, just in case I lose online access to those accounts during the bankruptcy. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Just be sure and read everything before you sign. If anything doesn't look right, or you don't understand something, question it. Think of it as a proofreading session. Take along your folder with your notes, accounts, etc., in case you need to check something.

Comment

well I signed my paperwork today! I feel so much better just getting that done. Now for my 341. I asked my attorney what the chances were that the 2 attorneys that have judgements against me would show and she said "next to none," mainly because my surplus income is under $100 on my schedule J.

Comment

Congrats on step 1, it'll be over before you know it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X