No announcement yet.

Debt to income ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading the means test and am confused. Does the trustee have to go by the national or regional standards or does he go by what we actually pay?

Comment

You are so far under the median that you aren't going to be questioned. You are not expected to survive on beans and rice and the graciousness of relatives your whole life. Just make sure you don't show enough income to fund a 13. Which should be very, very, very easy.
      Now go call that lawyer

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        You are so far under the median that you aren't going to be questioned. You are not expected to survive on beans and rice and the graciousness of relatives your whole life. Just make sure you don't show enough income to fund a 13. Which should be very, very, very easy.
        Now go call that lawyer
        Got the appoint with the lawyer scheduled for tomorrow. Just will worry until then. Based on the last 3 months of income it looks like we can repay but 6 months out of the year we couldn't, since those are slow work months and no over time. Thanks for your help, will let you know how it goes with the lawyer tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tdgirl3258 View Post
          Got the appoint with the lawyer scheduled for tomorrow. Just will worry until then.
          You have nothing to worry about. I worried myself sick about the same thing, but Keepsmiling is right. You're income is so small that the trustee won't bat an eye, and any competent attorney will make sure you get a 7.

Keep us posted!
          Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
          Discharged! June 28, 2012
          CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Met with the lawyer, didn't get to ask many questions because the security guard at the courthouse was giving her a hard time about meeting us there (wife is in a wheelchair, their office had steps they weren't sure a wheelchair could get up so asked to meet us in a room at the courthouse.) Anyway, since the security guard was being a dick to her, I figured I'd just clarify things with her tomorrow when she sends the paperwork to give her the go ahead to file. She looked at the paperwork we gave her and didn't seem to think we couldn't file Chapter 7, but will know for sure tomorrow.

Comment

OMG that is terrible! so sorry to hear.
              CALL ANOTHER LAWYER!!!!

One who will meet with you in an office....or even your home (my dh does housecalls).... and get them to spend some time with you.
              Yeesh.
              Do not sign with the very first one you meet until you have at least spoken to a few others.
              And don't tell them you want to go pros se. Just gather info.
              Surely you will have better luck with the next one.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

We originally planned to meet at her office, but when I asked about wheelchair access, since their office is in an old house she accommodated my wife by meeting us down the street at the courthouse, just a couple of blocks away. It wasn't anything we minded and she was very nice about it. She's one of the best lawyers in our area and the others want to charge a standard rate, her office charges based on the case and since we have only one with no major assets, it's going to be a few hundred cheaper with her. That isn't to say her service is cheap.

Comment

Well if you are going pro se then it doesn't matter what she charges
                  Standard recommendation on the board... a minimum of three sitdowns.... you are purely info gathering... ask your q's and get answers. Then come back with the results and we'll discuss some more.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X