What all happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
    As far as selling the car, I'm guessing it's value is nowhere near what is owed, so selling it yourself would be difficult or near impossible, unless you sell it at a loss and have the cash to make up the difference to the finance co, which I know you don't. I would consider voluntarily repo'ing it, if you just stop paying it, they will probably repo it by the 3rd missed payment anyway, and you will probably have a sizable deficiency after it is sold at auction, just so you know. So it's kind of 6 of one, half dozen of another, sort of. Voluntary repo will delay the phone calls for a bit.

I agree with stop paying the furniture and let them repo it. What items are included here that you can't live without, or can't inexpensively replace if you do need it that bad.

You will eventually have to deal with the deficiencies, either by filing BK or working out a settlement that maybe you can afford later, but feeding the family should come first, and it will buy you some time.

As for the kid's clothes, try resale shops, every community has at least one!
    The furniture is just a livingroom set. We can totally do without that for a while.are furniture companys more likely to sue/garnish wages ? As far as clothing...way ahead of ya. We only buy clothes secondhand. When you say we will have to deal with the deficiencies later...are you saying even if we BK we still have to pay the deficiency?

Comment

If you sign a reaffirmation agreement for *____________* fill in the blank, you WILL be responsible for the deficiencies. This is why most of us recommend AGAINST signing any reaffirmations.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        If you sign a reaffirmation agreement for *____________* fill in the blank, you WILL be responsible for the deficiencies. This is why most of us recommend AGAINST signing any reaffirmations.
        Thanks!

One other question. My teen moved in with me in Aug, now since she wasnt living with me the past 6 months, will they include her as part of my "number in family"?

Comment

I realize this post is a bit old, but if the OP is still checking for replies, have you applied for WIC, for the baby? Even if the baby is nursing, there are other food items you would get vouchers for, like baby cereal. And once the baby is a year old, you would get vouchers for milk, peanut butter, cereal, cheese, eggs, and possibly some other food items as well. The income limits for WIC are much higher than for food stamps.

Good luck, I hope your family is doing better or is able to get some help.

Comment

Thank u. I have applied for WIC last week and was approved. Every little bit helps

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
              Thank u. I have applied for WIC last week and was approved. Every little bit helps
              Great!!

Comment

My two kids are on Wic right now being me and my wife are living on student loans.

It's a lot of food. If the woman doesn't need formula and the baby is less then a year, it's even more food.

The thing is around here every time you go in they make you sit 3-5 hours with people that act trashy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X