Car Loan-Post Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Loan-Post Discharge

My car is 2013 Subaru and financed through Santander. I called them today and asked them to reinstate my account for online access, send statements and report to credit agencies.

Woman on phone told me, I never affirmed the car. I told them and I wouldn't, but I also pointed out to her they never sent one either. She told me it was their policy and if I wanted the above reinstated to open up my case and affirm the loan?!

Does this make one bit of sense, or was I speaking to a space cadet?

Thanks....

Originally posted by mlevesque308 View Post
    My car is 2013 Subaru and financed through Santander. I called them today and asked them to reinstate my account for online access, send statements and report to credit agencies.
    If requested in writing, stating that you would not consider getting statements as an attempt to collect, you should be able to receive statements again (most of the time, they have a clause "this is not an attempt to collect a debt.."). They should also re-instate online-access.

Credit-reporting, however, probably ain't gonna happen on a loan that wasn't re-affirmed. They would have to report a balance as debt that was discharged and it is industry-standard that lenders won't risk ANY possibility of getting in trouble in that regards. Unfortunately, this is a scenario where you can't have both: Getting payments reported AND not being liable for the debt. However, IMO, the latter is much favorable.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X