Could this be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be possible?

I have friends who went through a Chp 7 bk last year. They filled with a lawyer and when they went to the 341 meeting the trustee didn't ask them to provide a single document other than a drivers liscence and SS Card! No one showed up as well.
    Could this be? Not a tax document, pay stub, bank statement, nothing! They were discharged without providing a thing other than filing their scheduales...
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Originally posted by EdytaHome
    I have friends who went through a Chp 7 bk last year. They filled with a lawyer and when they went to the 341 meeting the trustee didn't ask them to provide a single document other than a drivers liscence and SS Card! No one showed up as well.
    Could this be? Not a tax document, pay stub, bank statement, nothing! They were discharged without providing a thing other than filing their scheduales...
    That's typical protocol for a simple Chp7.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I have to say that is exactly what happened with us as well. We just had to verify our identity with our drivers license and SS card, be sworn in, go through the routine questions and that was that. A lot less scary than I thought it was going to be. Once again, I let my worry get way out of hand. Go figure. :o

Comment

We are so scared about our 341 meeting. It's coming up Feb 15th, I can't sleep. I will also be surrendering 2 houses and (hopefully) keeping 2 paid off cars. I pray everyday that things go OK and we can move on with our lives.
        Edyta...
        Discharged April 2005

Comment

I can completely understand and truly, I am such a worry wart that I still find myself fearing that we forgot something or that it just couldn't be real that we can start over. When HHM told me the other day that after the discharge we can get on with our lives, well, lets just say my heart lept for joy. Did you use a lawyer? Don't be afraid to ask them what they expect to happen? They have been through this hundreds of times and can give you an idea of what to expect. Sleep tight, it will all be over soon.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, yes we have a lawyer representing us in court. He's actually very nice and he has been telling us our case is pretty straight forward. I still worry things may not go right. I guess I'm like you "rberhow", I just darn worry too much.
            When did you get discharged?
            Edyta...
            Discharged April 2005

Comment

Originally posted by EdytaHome
              We are so scared about our 341 meeting. It's coming up Feb 15th, I can't sleep. I will also be surrendering 2 houses and (hopefully) keeping 2 paid off cars. I pray everyday that things go OK and we can move on with our lives.

STOP right there. This meeting is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. No one is going to shine a bright light on you, or yell at you, or anything.

It's very civil, polite, and straightforward. You'll be in and out within 10 minutes.

Get some sleep. Take a tylenol PM, and stop the worrying already! You'll do great!
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Edyta-we were discharged in July. It sounds like you have a good lawyer and you can allow yourself to trust his advice. Really, they ask everyone the same approx. 10 questions and thats that. There was a very messy bk before us where they didn't list assetts and they had creditors there to argue and they were scheduled for divorce court right after the mtg and many other things and there's didn't even take 10 minutes. I imagined the trustee as some old mean guy but truly, they are very polite and nonjudgemental. Remember, no matter how bad your situation seems to you, they have seen much worse, I'm sure. And it always feels good to know your lawyer is there to back you up and answer anything you don't understand but really it's pretty simple and straightforward. I hope you got some rest last night and that I have calmed your nerves a little. Good luck.

Comment

Just some more encouragement for you... I had my 341 meeting this morning. I was SO nervous. But I survived! It was very simple, quick, and polite. They just verified who I was, my address and phone, and asked me if I was going to sue the person I listed as a debtor in my paperwork. Oh... they also asked if I had sold any property in the last year. (They asked everyone that.) My creditors weren't there. If creditors were there, they went to another room with the person and their lawyer. I promise.... it took 2 minutes. (Well, of course, you're also in there with 30 other people, so you have to wait your turn.)

relax.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks so much again!
                    How lond did you guys have to wait to be seen? We were told to be there at 8:30am, will we still have to wait for a while?
                    Edyta...
                    Discharged April 2005

Comment

NYQUILL, a shot of Rum... one of these can give you a good sleep (not both please), and always sex!!!
                      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Thanks Robivi3! I'm sure my husband would appreciate the Rum and Sex... By the way, I remember you recommending some good books for rebuilding credit after bk, can you give those titles again?
                        Thank you again... everyone... Now I just have to find a babysitter for the little one.
                        Edyta...
                        Discharged April 2005

Comment

Originally posted by rberhow
                          I have to say that is exactly what happened with us as well. We just had to verify our identity with our drivers license and SS card, be sworn in, go through the routine questions and that was that. A lot less scary than I thought it was going to be. Once again, I let my worry get way out of hand. Go figure. :o
                          Ditto! Exact same scenario with me.

Comment

Likewise with Dawn and rberhow!
                            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

My meeting was quick too. I was very nervous before hand, it was quite interesting to hear some of the stories before me. It is a weight that gets lifted, and you will get a good night's sleep that night too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X