The beginning has finally come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beginning has finally come

Well tomorrow is the day I go visit my first 3 attorneys to get the process started. I am really nervous about it... but that is because I am a "what if" person. I am worried about if I can keep my house , if I can keep my car, if I can keep my business, if the trustee is going to find something and I am going to get in trouble for something I did or didn't do.... I definitely know some of these concerns are unfounded. But they are in my mind. So I am fixing to take the plunge... so please say some prayers for me and pray that I will get through it relatively easy. Thanks for all the questions answered . It has really helped me get prepared.

You're in a good place. The folks here helped me as I went through the difficult process.

Be 100% honest with the attorneys you visit. I recommend bringing a small notepad or something so you can write down what each one tells you immediately after you leave the office. You will forget details or question whether he said X or Y, and this will help you.

Make an honest estimation of your debts and assets. The attorneys will want to have ballpark figures.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Congratulations on recognizing that you need to do this. Good wishes and prayers go with you as you prepare.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I am also a what if person and everything went well. You will be fine

Pam

Comment

Ask a lot of questions, go with a list. You may need to see more attorney's if you do not feel satisfied with any of these BUT this is a good starting point. Read everything you can on this forum, get all your ducks in a row, knowledge is power and can chase the what if's away. Good luck and one day at a time!

Comment

Well i did it. I saw 2 attorneys today ( I now that isn't alot) but i felt very comfortable with the first lawyer I saw. Not to mention he was $1500 cheaper than the second attorney. They both told me exactly the same thing. So I think the first one it is. He has a much smaller office than the second one and only has one assistant. which in a way i like alot , I hope bigger isn't always better in this situation, because he does have a smaller practice. I know picking the first attorney is maybe not the best idea but I really did have a good feeling about him. Now the next hurdle is to stop making payments on all of my unsecured debt (I have never in my life missed or been late on a payment). It will probably take me about 3 months to come up with the money, so I will be getting Google Voice. I will probably make the payments this month because I have used my cards this month, so I just feel that I need to make the last payment for some reason. But starting first of July I won't do that. He did tell me I could continue to pay the business debt that had both me and my business partner as signers. So that was good because the bank that those loans are on is also the same bank that our business account is on. So I have made the first step now to just save up the money to pay the attorney. and hopefully the clock will start then. Thanks again for all of the help and advice you all have given me on here, I am sure I will be here again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X