Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH7 Questions

Hello everyone,

I just have a few questions regarding my CH7 filing and would appreciate your opinion.

Currently, I do not pass the means test. If I have zero income in the month prior to filing (to pass the test), will this look bad in the eyes of the Trustee? My enlistment in the military will be ending, and I might wait to file for unemployment, as this will bring me below the median income I need for a Chapter 7.

I've been struggling with unsecured debt for the past 5 years. I will be unemployed as of February 1st. I've struggled with gambling, but never really used cash advances to finance it until a few months ago. I made $19,040 in cash advances, and payments of $12,580 over the same period, resulting in a balance of $13,000. The largest payments were $6,000 and $2,500. How will the Trustee view this? I don't have any WG-2's from the gambling, because I never cashed enough at one single time to warrant one. My losses exceed the winnings (obviously), but I'm wondering if the Trustee will question the large payments to card I used for these cash advances. I've done some searches for gambling on here, but everyone's situation is different.

I've been attending GA and will be seeking additional mental health help upon the completion of my enlistment. I have read a lot of the gambling threads on here, and understand I must beat this addiction.

Thanks for your time.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X