loan in chapter 7 from family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loan in chapter 7 from family

say if a family member lent me 7000 for a car. what will the trustee due if she finds out? can she ask to see my moms savings account register for proof. my mom dont want to get involved if her personal info has to be released.

i should of said this first, i filed chapter 7, and the discharge is september 11th.

fyi

my mom needs alot of work on her house, new foor, drywall, painting ect. this will be worked off over a 2-3 year period. so i will not be getting further into debt, sort of speaking.

dan

Comment

Just wait until you get your discharge. Its only a few more days right?

Comment

MAKE SURE - you get that "discharge" before you go putting your name on vehicle your mom loaned money on....... Trustee sure would question where it came from..........

Don't be "careless" as the last minute, and screw everything up.....

Patience..................
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

If the discharge is on Monday, can you wait the extra two days??

It would suck to get screwed now, only 72 hours away frm discharge.
          Date Filed: 12/19/2004
          341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
          Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
          Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

How long ago did you get this loan?Before you filed BK? During? Or after your 341 meeting?
            Your discharge date is coming up in few days.Hopefully this does not throw a wrench in the works.I really don't think there's any way for the bk trustee to find out unless you tell them.
            Let us know what happens.
            Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by 9877donna View Post
              How long ago did you get this loan?Before you filed BK? During? Or after your 341 meeting?
              Your discharge date is coming up in few days.Hopefully this does not throw a wrench in the works.I really don't think there's any way for the bk trustee to find out unless you tell them.
              Let us know what happens.

knothing has been done yet

i am going to wait until next week 4 days after i am suppose to get the discharge. i am looking at the option if they decide to drag it out. i have no objections or anything so far ( knock on wood ) , but you never know if someone gets a bug up there but.

dan

Comment

Good Luck,Dan! Hopefully everything will be OK.
                Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X