Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After sending Debt Validation Letter

Hello all,

After sending a 'Debt Validation Letter' to Asset Acceptance. They finally sent me a reponse (45 days later). The letter stated that my CR and account has been noted as 'Debt Disputed' and that further collect has been 'suspended' while they review there records. Ten days letter I recieived a letter trying to collect the debt again. I still have not received any proof of the debt, list of charges and how they were clculated as I requested.

Do I send them a follow up letter? What do I include in the letter? Or do I wait? I came accross a site w/ sample DVL and follow up letters.
    Find sample debt settlement letters (sample debt negotiation letters) and letters on credit/debt in order to contact creditors, CAs and credit bureaus. Print or download sample debt validation, debt verification, cease and desist, wage garnishment revokation, and pay for delete settlement letter for grabbing the best deals.

It is my understanding under the FDCPA I am entitled to the document I requested. How long does it take them to provide me with that information? And aren't they in violation of the FDCPA by continuing to send me letters to collect. They have not resumed calling me at home and work as they have in the past. But I suspect it is b/c I told them to contact me via mail only in the DVL.

Thanks for any help

Asset Acceptance

Originally posted by jdebt View Post
    Hello all,

After sending a 'Debt Validation Letter' to Asset Acceptance. They finally sent me a reponse (45 days later). The letter stated that my CR and account has been noted as 'Debt Disputed' and that further collect has been 'suspended' while they review there records. Ten days letter I recieived a letter trying to collect the debt again. I still have not received any proof of the debt, list of charges and how they were clculated as I requested.

Do I send them a follow up letter? What do I include in the letter? Or do I wait? I came accross a site w/ sample DVL and follow up letters.
    Find sample debt settlement letters (sample debt negotiation letters) and letters on credit/debt in order to contact creditors, CAs and credit bureaus. Print or download sample debt validation, debt verification, cease and desist, wage garnishment revokation, and pay for delete settlement letter for grabbing the best deals.

It is my understanding under the FDCPA I am entitled to the document I requested. How long does it take them to provide me with that information? And aren't they in violation of the FDCPA by continuing to send me letters to collect. They have not resumed calling me at home and work as they have in the past. But I suspect it is b/c I told them to contact me via mail only in the DVL.

Thanks for any help
    I have a similar problem with Asset Acceptance, a 2005 collection has appeared from a power bill in CA, well in 2005, I was living
    in alabama, but they keep saying its mine, they want me to prove it
    to them, I told them to look at my chase mortg for my house, and
    it shows Alabama, and told them to prove it to me that it is mine...
    im waiting to see what intellgent remark they come up with.

Comment

Just make sure you save all correspondence in case you need it in court, I'm not familiar with revalidations, etc. But you are entitled to the info you request and they can provide, they can't prove, your at the winning end. As far as letters, alot of times its all computer generated, and it make take awhile for things to stop the process. I still get reminders of my debts from some of my creditors, but its all computer generated.

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan (im not lawyer!)
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X