top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Express card going Past Due - What will happen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nazstar View Post
    I have a Blue Card and a Gold card. I kept current on the Blue and went delinquent on the gold. They cancelled both. They sent me to United Recovery. They called me, left a message and then called my mother's house 16 hours later. I took the call (I was visiting my mother in the hospital and was staying at her place in New York) and told them they are not allowed to call any number other than my cell or contact me via mail. They HAVE to abide by that and they have.

I have $18,000 on my AMEX Gold (mostly on a sign and travel portion) and another $2000 on my blue. The funny thing is that even after they sent me to United Recovery, they sent me a letter stating that they value my relationship and if I paid in full within 15 days, they would like to offer me a new card. Duh.

Oh, and AMEX doesn't give a hoot if you pay "most" of the bill. I had an all time high balance of $79,000 on AMEX and I paid them $50,000 a year ago with refinance money from the house. They cancelled my card the following month because I was 2 months late.

If you were sent to United recoveries your bill is probably over 90 or more!!!!!!! they usually cancel the cards when they reach 2 billing cycles or 75 days!!!!!!!!! United recoveries they are vicious make sure you call them and tell them something like my mom sold the house because even if you tell them that you don't
    live there they will harass your mom to get to you

Comment

The bill was 4 months overdue. When I made that huge payment, I was paying off the flexible portion of my bill and continued to pay even through they cancelled me. It wasn't until recently that I just stopped paying and went to United Recoveries.

They CAN NOT continue to call your friends and relatives if you inform them in writing to stop. They lapsed once and called my husband's cell phone. I took the name and number of the caller and told them I was filing a complaint. they never made that mistake again. Yes, they are nasty and I had them threaten me on the phone. I asked him to send me that in writing so i could show my lawyer and he said he would call me back. Someone else started calling instead but he was a little nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by nazstar View Post
        The bill was 4 months overdue. When I made that huge payment, I was paying off the flexible portion of my bill and continued to pay even through they cancelled me. It wasn't until recently that I just stopped paying and went to United Recoveries.

They CAN NOT continue to call your friends and relatives if you inform them in writing to stop. They lapsed once and called my husband's cell phone. I took the name and number of the caller and told them I was filing a complaint. they never made that mistake again. Yes, they are nasty and I had them threaten me on the phone. I asked him to send me that in writing so i could show my lawyer and he said he would call me back. Someone else started calling instead but he was a little nicer.

So i was right read my previous post you were over 120 days your cards were cancel automatically if you were over 2 billing cycles and 15 days 75 days overdue you may have not understand the letter they were probably trying to trick you by telling you if you pay in full now we will give you back you card benefits. Amex does not want you as soon you are that overdue the accounts are sold or send to outside collection agencies!!!!!! Forget about it they will never give you back your card privilege. Now i suggest that you try to make them call you at your number and not bother the whole family regarding this?????

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X