No announcement yet.

why do they call and hang up on you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of them who calls every nigth at 2030, I get no response, and the machine hangs up. this seems like a wate of time for both parties. Any insight on this? I would think that this really is harassment since they never ID themselves and just hang up

Comment

Originally posted by jmstay View Post
      I have one of them who calls every nigth at 2030, I get no response, and the machine hangs up. this seems like a wate of time for both parties. Any insight on this? I would think that this really is harassment since they never ID themselves and just hang up
      I guess the only thing to do is to pick it up and find out who's calling, or use the Caller ID info to call that number back and see who it is, and then send a cease and desist letter. Man, they used to do that crap to me all the time. That's why I started turning the ringer way, way down when I knew I wasn't up to listening to that hangup game.
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
        Whenever they call me, I just say "Sure he is, hold on a second". Then I set the phone down in front of my computer speaker, and play a random set of funny and/or somewhat offensive music.

If I'm out, I say the same thing, but then either put them in my pocket or on the passenger seat.

Given all of the time I've spent on hold, I think they owe me.

This way, they know they have the right person. The stranger the music, the longer they wait!

Good Luck,

WINGNUT
        Another member here used to juse make farting noises in the phone, or tell the debt collector, the person they wanted was deceased....
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X