Citibank is Extremely Agressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citibank is Extremely Agressive

I know I've posted about this before but I am amazed at how agressive they are and I'm just 1 month late.

They call 4 or 5 times a day at work. I've learned their number's so I let it ring to vm.

And they even left a message on my vm. They didn't say they were Citibank. Instead they said that we have important business together and to call them right away.

I owe more to BAC and not one call yet. Thank God I am more than a year out on my last transaction on Citibank. If I have to file sooner because of them, so be it.

I was going to send them a letter to only contact me by mail but I cannot find an address where to send a certified letter. They only off PO boxes on their statements and I don't think I can send certified to a po box.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

You know, I didn't think so either, but I got corrected on this forum: yes, you can send certified, return receipt requested to a P.O. Box. They put a notice in the box and the recipient signs for it at the counter.

If you still want a street address, and they left a number for you to call back, call it from a prepaid cell or other not-your-own number, and ask what address they would like to receive certified mail. You don't have to give your name or number or acct info or anything, and they won't have it if you call from a number that is not associated with your acct, so you could be calling for an atty for all they know.

If you want, post the phone # only and I'll call from mine. Yes, they are aggressive as hell. I'm glad you're sending the letters.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

First I would like to thank the owners, moderators, and BK gurus of this forum for all the excellent information and support that is presented here. I have been lurking for several weeks and have found this forum to be invaluable as my wife and I prepare to file later this month.

Speaking of Citi...I made my last payment to them February 07. They began calling when I was 30 days late. (I had been late with my payments several times the previous year.) I screened my calls and refused to talk with them. In May I received a court summons. I answered pro se and continued to answer their motions for several months before they were finally awarded a judgement in November 07. As of this date they have not acted to collect. Since I recently changed jobs, I'm not sure they know where I work. My most recent credit report doesn't list my current employer. I had been a Citi card member since 1977, with no problems ever paying on time until the past two years. Of all my creditors, they have been the most aggressive.

Comment

They are ROTTEN. I actually cant wait to file just to get them away from me forever along with AMX. I should never have even taken cards from either of them but it is all medical so they can eat my grits.

Aren't all the Citi cards owned mostly by the middle east now?? I think I read that somewhere, not sure.

Comment

Of course they're (Citi) becoming more aggressive. Recent newsreports on TV and the papers have them loosing big time
          And of course they're also anticipating a Democrat becoming President and a Democrat controlled Congress who might undo some of the creditor friendly provisions of yjr 2005 bankruptcy laws and read them the riot act regarding their practices.

Comment

I owed Citi the most $$-almost $25k; yet they never filed a claim. I found that AMEX were extremely nasty.
            sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X