Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I remove phone #'s from my credit?

Hello,

One collecton agency (IC Systems) obviously acquired my home phone. They call my cell first but if I don't pick up, they call the home phone right away.

I have two other CC companies that don't have my home # yet. Can I remove my home # from my credit so they do not call?

I'd rather them call my cell so that way no one in my home is annoyed with collections calls.

Are you sure they are getting your phone number from your credit report?

In any event, that is an interesting question...can you remove some personal information from the credit report? I honestly don't know the answer.

I would suggest that you go visit the websites of the various CRA's, trans union, equifax and experian and poke around.

Comment

Sorry, but no.
      Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
      Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
      Discharged April 2012

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Are you sure they are getting your phone number from your credit report?

In any event, that is an interesting question...can you remove some personal information from the credit report? I honestly don't know the answer.

I would suggest that you go visit the websites of the various CRA's, trans union, equifax and experian and poke around.
        For some odd reason my TU report does show my cell phone #, but not my landline home phone #. Don't have the foggiest idea how they got it unless they monitor and keep records of phone calls/number called from when contacting them by phone, or revealing #s when writing them below the name, adress fields.

Comment

You can try and dispute the number or an address on any credit report. There is no guarantee they will remove it, but they do have to do some work. I don't know how "easy" it is for a CRA to verify a cell number if you dispute it.

It is quite interesting that many folks, myself included, have no idea how much information we are passing on to others when we apply for credit.

One of the things I have done recently is that when I opened a couple of debit-card only accounts, I carefully read the opt-out wording and immediately called the phone numbers and opted out of ANY of my personal information being shared with third-parties. I don't know if this keeps me all that "private," but my mailbox never receives any solicitations anymore.

I also recently discovered that I could add another "line" to my cell phone and give it any name I want to. The cost is approximately $14.99 per month, but I do have to get a second cell phone. Perhaps, I'm just paranoid these days, but I certainly think more about who gets what information.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay View Post
            Hello,

One collecton agency (IC Systems) obviously acquired my home phone. They call my cell first but if I don't pick up, they call the home phone right away.

I have two other CC companies that don't have my home # yet. Can I remove my home # from my credit so they do not call?

I'd rather them call my cell so that way no one in my home is annoyed with collections calls.
            You can send IC Systems a certified letter asking them to stop calling you and only communicate via mail or not to communicate at all.
            It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X