Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collections caller reveals information to my Dad

Can I use this for leverage?

Today a collections agency for WAMU calls my home. My dad picks up. The rep asks for the last name ONLY. My dad says yes. The rep continues to reveal how much I owe on the credit card and I was 170 days overdue. Then my dad begins to realize the call is NOT for him. My dad then tells the rep, "what is this for?", rep "Is this Jason?" my dad, "Oh no, that is my son. He moved out of here and I don't know where he is"

After that, the rep asks what is the number to the house so he can remove it.

I don't know if he will actually remove the number.

They won't remove it because if they can't get a hold of you at your number they'll try your dad's again. Send them a cease and desist letter - that they are not allowed to call either number. If they don't vomply you can sue them.

Comment

Since that day, they have not tried to call the house again. Strange. They still keep calling my cell phone however (from the same number) but I never pick up.

Since my cell doesn't have any number blocking options, I have to put it on total silence (no vibrate, no ring).

Comment

you should sue them... seriously

telling your dad that information is actually illegal according to the FDCPA .... debt collectors are not allowed to reveal any information about a debt that you owe to any 3rd party... that includes your dad. what they did was a violation and you should really at least contact a lawyer. I know it may not sound like that big of a deal for them to contact your dad or whatever and tell them about your debt... but you could get thousands of dollars maybe...

I used the guys at www.consumercounselgroup.com for something similar and they got me a bunch of money. go to the site and read the FDCPA on there or just e-mail them and they will tell you if they can get you any money. honestly man, its the best advice I can give you. Nothing to lose.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X