how do they know when you have a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do they know when you have a job?

I'm curious to know how they can find out once someone has found a job. I haven't found a job yet, unfortunately. I'd hate to get served and then not able to pay a BK attorney even for the initial payments.

I am completely asset free, no self net worth. Why would they want to chase someone like me.

I am completely asset free, no self net worth. Why would they want to chase someone like me.
    Because, you won't be asset free forever and, if you live in a state that allows wage garnishments they can get a portion of your check.
    Last edited by HHM; 06-21-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Back in 1996 I went thru divorce proceedings. To make things simple, I disappeared. In 1999 I surfaced but I used a Federal Employer Identification Number(EIN). I banked under this number and even got myself listed on the account using my nickname.
      What I have found out is when you apply for an apartment, they do a credit check. Where I live, they rent also to snow birds. The rent is high but because they generally take a lease out for 3 months, there generally is no credit check. I did this and then renewed the lease every 3 months.
      I did a lot of travel. Used a passport which doesn't connect you to a SS or an address.
      Buying a car can be dificult but you could have it finaced under an Federal Employer Identification Number. I had a girl friend from Germany who overstayed, like over 20 years. She bought a car and had it registered under a phony business name.
      I started a business in a strip mall. Was able to get the lease without a personal credit check. I used the business Federal Employer Identification Number.

In 2005 I pulled my credit reports, and got everything looking nice. I had a score of 737 and that is when everything went down hill. Now I have over $200,000 in unsecured loans.

If somebody does a credit check, you are screwed.

There are still jobs available that pay cash if you are willing to get under a table to get your money. The Federal Government has cracked down on this a lot but it still goes on. Another alternative is to be self employeed and demand payment in cash.
      Last edited by BigJohn; 06-21-2008, 08:44 PM.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X