Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repo guy came over last night

Howdy!

Well my bank decided to send me over to repo's. I haven't been able to pay since April'ish. Anyway, my mother came running to me letting me know that a guy called and was going to be there in a few minutes to "pick up the car". I was surprised. So anyway, I got up and decided to take off. Lo and behold at the entrance gate of the apt complex, the repo guys were coming in and brought someone with him to drive my car away. So I kept going and the repo guy turned around to follow me for a while. After I lost site of him, I noticed another car following me, probably an accomplice trying to see where I was going.

So I got on the highway and the other car kept following at a good distance, probably trying to look oblivious. ANyway, I did a bad thing and I gunned my car a little and lost them.

Anyway, I know they are looking for me now and I am hiding the car.

The funny thing is I told the bank that I had started a job last week and that I could start making big payments to catch up but they say it was too late.

My brother told me that it's the law for a bank to accept smaller payments if I can't pay my overdue balance right away which is around $1200.

So I was thinking about hiding my car for about a month until I can make that big payment they want.

My plan is to reaffirm the car after I file for BK but this mess is driving me crazy. If they take the car, I'll have no way to get to work

"Gunned it"? And lost them? LOL. Wonder what would have happened if a cop pulled you over for speeding. They could have repo'd your car right there and then, and you would have had a long walk home.

Comment

Yeah I was definitely aware of that but the highway was free and clear. I don't drive dangerously like that around other people. It was well after 11PM. I def. took a chance though and I don't do those sort of things anymore like I used to as a teenager. But I did use the car what it was built for =)

So is it bad to hide my car in the meantime? The repo guys know where my mother lives now and I'd expect them to knock on her door to find out if I'm there. The car is now in a friend's garage

Comment

You can hide the car if you want but the car is not yours anymore since you are not making a payment. You can end up in trouble. The car belongs to the bank and you broke the contract that allows you to drive until the lien is transfer to your name. Is it worth to complicate your life? Have you filed?

Comment

Well I had found a job last week and I called in to let them know that I can stat making payments. They said that unfortunately, my car has already been marked for repo.

The will not accept partial payments and I have to pay them all of my overdue payments at once ($1100'ish).

So, my dad my be able to help me only this time but that's it. But since reading bigboy's post, I'm afraid that they still still take my complete payment and still try to repo my car.

Maybe the do not feel comfortable with me having a job with a staffing company.

Comment

I can truly say that what I owe on my car is less than what it can sell for . It's a 10 year old car that I've taken very good care of. It's my hotrod.

In less than 2 years I could have it paid off so I really don't believe it's worth letting the car go.

Thanks for the reassuring posts, bigboy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X