Law Offices of """" Dunning Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law Offices of """" Dunning Letter

In the past 4-5 days, I've received a dunning letter from the Law Offices of Sidney Mickell. They appear to collecting on an alleged debt owned by CACH, LLC (Collect America, probably Colorado.) Since the letter clearly states that the company is the "Law Offices...," I called my state BAR and checked for their licensure. They are not licensed in my state. Second, it is clear that their busines is that of debt collection. So, I checked with our AG's office to see if they are registered (required in my state.) They are not.

I am sending them a response requesting verifcation of the debt, proof that they have a right to engage in legal actions in my state, and proof they are registered to collect debt.

I also make it clear that all phone communication must end. I also make it clear that record any phone conversations; actual conversations, voice mail, etc.

I have never heard of CACH, LLC, and I will be interested to see if I hear more from the "Law Offices" after they have received and signed for the green mail receipt.

While I am disputing the debt, it will be interesting to see what happens with this alleged debt.

In order for a CA to take such action against me, they (CACH) must have bought this debt for pennies on the dollar. Otherwise, I fail to see how there can be much profit in attempting to collect. They clearly have to know they have no legal presence in my state.

stay tuned...

I had an account for which I was getting dunning letters from a law office on behalf of CACH, LLD. They had purchased the debt from Citibank Sears. It was around 1300 dollars or so.

I called and spoke to the lawyer and told him of my BK. He was asking me questions and I told them he needed to speak to my lawyer. He laughed at me (don't think he believed me) but was cordial on the phone. I then received a couple more attempts to collect (one at a reduced amount). I was so close to filing though, they never stood a chance.

ep
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

i had a CACH in my filing too. lemme go dig that up.....yeah they were a CA for a credit card i had. looks like they like to buy debt.
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
        In the past 4-5 days, I've received a dunning letter from the Law Offices of Sidney Mickell. They appear to collecting on an alleged debt owned by CACH, LLC (Collect America, probably Colorado.) Since the letter clearly states that the company is the "Law Offices...," I called my state BAR and checked for their licensure. They are not licensed in my state. Second, it is clear that their busines is that of debt collection. So, I checked with our AG's office to see if they are registered (required in my state.) They are not.

I am sending them a response requesting verifcation of the debt, proof that they have a right to engage in legal actions in my state, and proof they are registered to collect debt.

I also make it clear that all phone communication must end. I also make it clear that record any phone conversations; actual conversations, voice mail, etc.

I have never heard of CACH, LLC, and I will be interested to see if I hear more from the "Law Offices" after they have received and signed for the green mail receipt.

While I am disputing the debt, it will be interesting to see what happens with this alleged debt.

In order for a CA to take such action against me, they (CACH) must have bought this debt for pennies on the dollar. Otherwise, I fail to see how there can be much profit in attempting to collect. They clearly have to know they have no legal presence in my state.

stay tuned...
        It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X