Chase just called my Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase just called my Mom

Jeez, thankfully she is aware that things are tough for me and she was just letting me know.

Just a word of caution to all of you.

I just spoke to my attorney and let him know that we would be ready to go and file the first week of October.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

I really really really hate Chase!
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
    341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Yes, especially when they know exactly where i live and that I am filing for BK.

I have let them know all that.

Since its next week I will let them know again.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
        Yes, especially when they know exactly where i live and that I am filing for BK.

I have let them know all that.

Since its next week I will let them know again.
        It's my understanding they can ONLY do that when they're trying to find where you live, and only once. The fact that they know where you are, etc....

Comment

I am glad that your filing date is coming soon! I can tell this has been a long road for you! (mine was a path to through the dark forest!)

Good Luck
          Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
          341 Oct 8 2008
          Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BROKENN View Post
            I am glad that your filing date is coming soon! I can tell this has been a long road for you! (mine was a path to through the dark forest!)

Good Luck
            Thanks for the thoughts. The good thing though is that BECAUSE I am blessed not to be in severe dire straits I have allot of issues to deal with so it prolongs things and makes me have to strategize.

When I was a kid and I used to complain about taking out so much trash my Mom used to say " be thankful that we have so much trash to thrown away, it means we have allot".

She was absolutely right.

Comment

My parents have been called twice about me.
              Different creditors. They take the info down and let me know.
              I am horrified. I have not let them in on my problems and do not wish to.
              Why are they using my parents as a message center?
              Should I just start answering my own phone so no one calls my family?
              need advice, filing in next 2 weeks,
              Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
              341 Meeting 01/05/2009
              Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Flowers View Post
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowers View Post

I had a couple of calls to relatives too. I found the only way to avoid this was to start returning calls from creditors, telling them of my BK and giving them the lawyer's info. They are only calling to try and locate you because you are ignoring them.

I really really did not want to talk to creditors but after I had done it a couple times, it was very easy and most of them were even civil. most.

ep
                  California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Some of my creditors try talking to my wife. They ask her what is her name. She tells them. They tell her that is not her name. Then they ask her to spell her name. She says she can't. (My wife is foreign. Her nickname is very simple so they claim that can't be her name.) Maybe she should use her other nickname, which is PIG; that should confuse them more.
                    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X