top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of questions on collections. I'm getting tons of calls and now they are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions on collections. I'm getting tons of calls and now they are

all leaving messages. Im about 90 days late on everything so I know they are getting pissed. Avanta called and left a message saying they are going to go to lidigation if I didnt call them back..I owe these guys about $550.00.
    Some of the other calls are saying you have til 9pm to call us back blablabla...
    So my question is...should I worry? Or I'm thinking this is normal tactics and to just ignore..
    I dont know if any of them have been sent off to CA's yet. I havent recieved any letters except the ones that say they have plans to help me pay..
    I shouldnt worry tho right? Just keep ignoring it? Thanks.
    R2P
    BTW I now have my ringer on off at my business because they are literally calling every 5 min. now

I haven't talked to the callers since March. I do get all kinds of letters but haven't been sued yet.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

CA will constantly call you and call and call until filing. Nothing new, they are just doing what they're hired to do.

NO big worry unless they start threatening you with arrest, jail, and other things which would be a big no-no in collection law.

Then, if they do, you can get your lawyer (I don't know if you're doing pro se) to sic 'em.

Comment

It took anything to really move towards judgments about 2 years for us. They all threatened and only one actually started the process years later.

I personally quit answering the phone and threw an answering machine on silent.
        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
        341 Oct 8 2008
        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Amex is quick

The only one we had a problem with was american Express. I pulled our credit reports just a few days before filing to make sure we hadn't missed anything, then when the attorney pulled it for the petition... there was a collection agency, for amex listed. I was two payments behind. Just FYI.
          Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
          2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
          Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
            The only one we had a problem with was american Express. I pulled our credit reports just a few days before filing to make sure we hadn't missed anything, then when the attorney pulled it for the petition... there was a collection agency, for amex listed. I was two payments behind. Just FYI.
            That's what I'm seeing from some other forums. Amex is not they type to sit and wait for you to do something. If you tell them you're filing, they'll move faster to send it to a collection agency.

I know that they've recalled it, because they sent me a settlement letter, but it was too late, because at that time, I'd been filed.
            sigpic
            Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
            Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
            Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

If you tell them you're filing, they'll move faster to send it to a collection agency.

That was not my experience. Vast majority left me alone after I told them I was filing and gave them my attorney info. Didn't have a case number yet. The ones that were already with a CA were sent back to the original creditor without another peep from the CA.

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
                all leaving messages. Im about 90 days late on everything so I know they are getting pissed. Avanta called and left a message saying they are going to go to lidigation if I didnt call them back..I owe these guys about $550.00.

It is HIGHLY unlikely they will sue you over $550.00, What they are really saying is "WHAA WHAA WHAA send us money because if you don't we'll sell it off to a CA and write off the loss"

Some of the other calls are saying you have til 9pm to call us back blablabla...
                So my question is...should I worry? Or I'm thinking this is normal tactics and to just ignore..

I wouldn't sweat it, creditors and CA's talk a lot, but until you get a summons, it's all just hot air. That summons can come at any time and will probably be without warning, but until you get the summons, I would ignore them, or even better, send the CA's C&D letters

I dont know if any of them have been sent off to CA's yet. I havent recieved any letters except the ones that say they have plans to help me pay..
                I shouldnt worry tho right? Just keep ignoring it? Thanks.
                R2P
                BTW I now have my ringer on off at my business because they are literally calling every 5 min. now
                If you don't have much in the way of income and have no assets, I would ignore everything they send you, especially if you are filing in the foreseeable future. No reason to get the blood pressure up arguing with some jerk on the phone or explaining for the 49,382th time that you have no money to send them and you aren't going to borrow it from your neighbor's brother's aunt Sue.

Comment

thanks all....a few of my cc's are really huge tho..but AMX and nasty little fuc--s

Originally posted by allavdj View Post
                  If you don't have much in the way of income and have no assets, I would ignore everything they send you, especially if you are filing in the foreseeable future. No reason to get the blood pressure up arguing with some jerk on the phone or explaining for the 49,382th time that you have no money to send them and you aren't going to borrow it from your neighbor's brother's aunt Sue.
                  Thanks for the chuckle....that was funny

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
                    I would say a person should pull their credit reports just before filling, after they have filed, and a week or two after they file. If somebody tries collecting after you file, then you have them. But if you don't have copies of your credit report and keep them, there is no real way of knowing if they tried collecting before or after you have filed.
                    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Remember, if you don't answer the call they can keep dialing you over and over again. Then they can call your friends, relatives and WORK all trying to locate you. On the other hand if you answer the phone then explain to the party that you have a new accountant... her name is Helen Waite... if I owe you money go to Helen Waite for it... they only get to call you once per day.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X