This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone calls

I apologize because I know that this has been dealt with several times, but I have been searching and searching and haven't been able to find what I need. My bankruptcy filing has been delayed until late Sept./Early Oct. and the phone calls keep coming. My attorney has told me that I can refer all calls to his office, but I seem to remember someone saying not to tell them that I was declaring Bankruptcy.
    What can/should I tell them on the phone to get them off of my back? We went out last weekend and bought a new phone and answering machine that we could soften, so that all of our neighbors wouldn't know how many call we were getting and not answering. Thnaks in Advance,

If your lawyer said to refer them to him - then do it!!!
    Otherwise turn on the answering machine, turn it down, and sit back and wait till filing......
    If you have retained lawyer - let them talk to him!!!

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Just Screen All Your Calls...

Originally posted by AAAArt
      I apologize because I know that this has been dealt with several times, but I have been searching and searching and haven't been able to find what I need. My bankruptcy filing has been delayed until late Sept./Early Oct. and the phone calls keep coming. My attorney has told me that I can refer all calls to his office, but I seem to remember someone saying not to tell them that I was declaring Bankruptcy.
      What can/should I tell them on the phone to get them off of my back? We went out last weekend and bought a new phone and answering machine that we could soften, so that all of our neighbors wouldn't know how many call we were getting and not answering. Thnaks in Advance,

The best thing to do is to just screen all your calls. Only answer the one if you hear a friend or relative leaving a message. This is a good way to avoid all the stress. Once all the creditors receive the letters from the Bankruptcy Court, then, they will stop calling you.

Comment

I can attest to the "Let your lawyer do the talking" However, in my case, I'm still fighting the desire to ream them, on the other hand, trying to salvage something from all this mess...

Comment

Please refer to the link below for information regarding your question. And please expand on your question within the suggested thread. Doing so will help keep the forums content organized.

Last edited by HRx; 10-25-2005, 08:41 AM.
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X