top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 weeks after filing, the CA's get worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks after filing, the CA's get worse!

I was not late on any of my debts when I initially contacted my attorney. After the initial contact, I stopped paying my debts, then we filed about 2 months later. So I was between 1 and 2 months late on most everything at filing on Dec. 30, 2008. During that time, several of my creditors called, but none of my accounts had time to be turned over to outside collection agencies. I thought I was in the clear. All my other creditors stopped calling at least a week ago.

Today, I've been getting calls about every 15 minutes from a collection agency called Accounts Receivable Management. They are calling my home number but I am work, therefore I cannot answer the calls. I know they are calling though because I get notices in my email whenever I get a voicemail. The "voicemails" they are leaving though, are just hangups. I only know the name of the company because I looked the phone number up on Google. I'm not sure which debt they are even calling about.

What should I do? Do I need to have my attorney modify my filing to include this company? Or do I just ignore them. If I was home listening to the phone ring, I would consider this harassment. Literally every 15 minutes they call and hang up. It's ridiculous!!!

Thanks!
    Filed Ch. 7 (no asset): 12/30/2008
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2009
    Last Date for Objections: 03/27/2009
    Discharged & Closed: 03/30/2009

That is harrassment... and a violation of your stay(which I would think the original creditor is aware of by now). Get in touch with your attorney.

Comment

Who was the original creditor? It was their responsibilty to contact their collection goons and advise them of your filing and not to hound you anymore.

Comment

Ypu can just call them back and give them your case number. that will stop the calls
        Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
        Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
        Discharged April 2012

Comment

Buy yourself a tape recorder for the phone, so that you can sue these leeches for violating the stay.

Comment

We filed last week. 2 original creditors have been calling many, many times each day as if nothing has happened.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

How are creditors and CA's told about the automatic stay? Does the court simply mail them a letter or do they send faxes or make phone calls to each place?

If it's a letter, couldn't it take a while until the creditor or CA gets the notice, hence the reasons why they are still hounding?

Comment

Either answer the phone or return their call. They can't know about the bankruptcy filing until you tell them if they JDB wasn't listed in your matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                  Either answer the phone or return their call. They can't know about the bankruptcy filing until you tell them if they JDB wasn't listed in your matrix.
                  All my OC's have my old phone # from 3 years ago. We've changed it many times from changing cellular companies and we did all of our major defaulting at the end of 2008. We never get any calls since our # is unlisted. They only write letters. Do you think the CA's are all calling my family and neighbors trying to locate me and I don't know about it?

Comment

If you sent them DV's and cease and desist letters, they are probably not going to waste a lot of time calling friends, neighbors, and/or relatives.

For a different reason, most of my creditors would not have any current information on my references. All my references have moved once or twice since initial application. Most of my references have changed phones or gone to cell-phones only. My address has been a private mailbox or POB for 13 years. Since it has a street addres assigned to it, it was accepted by the motor vehicles and voter registration. I doubt this would now be acceptable for the government entities. I have pulled my credit reports and they only have street addresses listed from 10+ years ago.

I would guess that most debtors have issues with JDB's, CA's etc calling old neighbors, friends, etc because they don't exercise their rights and send cease communications requests. This doesn't mean that there are not some JDB's and CA's who will violate.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X