Funny Calls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Calls!

I am new here, and I hope this is appropriate. I thought it would be fun to share some funny stories about interactions with bill collectors. Before accepting the inevitability of bankruptcy, I found myself checking my life insurance policy to see when the suicide exclusion expired. I had just gotten my first home visit by an investigator looking for payment on an unsecured debt, and it was a devastating feeling. Now, I can't believe I listened to any of those calls long enough that I actually thought my life was worth less than $250,000. I took out an installment loan to pay for some medical debt that I wanted to consolidate. One part of that was breast reconstruction. I arranged a postdated check on Friday, but this guy rings my doorbell for about 10 minutes on a Saturdy morning, and wants to know if I am going to pay him the past due amount in full ,or surrender the "unit." Apparently, the credit union lady that hires the "chase" investigators thought this was a secured loan. I said "If I don't write you a check, you want me to give you my boobs? How do you recommend I "surrender" them?" He just stood there, right next to my Christmas decorations, with his clipboard in hand, and couldn't speak. He finally says "Aah...uuuh......well.....ummmmm....Actually, I see here that we were supposed to cancel this visit, uuuuhhhh...ummmmm...... because you already agreed to payment. I... ahhhh.......ummmm.......... am sorry." Then I get a call on Monday from the "financial assistance department" wanting to know if I decided to keep "the unit". I told her "These units are unsecured, and you can cancel that postdated check, and here is my lawyer's number." She also apologized that this loan was "misdirected" to the secured loan department. Still funny.
    Last edited by Regrets; 01-20-2009, 01:30 PM. Reason: grammar police

I admire your attitude -- sometimes you gotta laugh or you'd cry.

Thank you and your units for brightening up my day! You go girl!

Comment

OMG....that's the funniest story ever!
      Yes this was a very appropriate story to tell - we have got to keep our sense of humor or we just might lose it. Thank you for sharing
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

That was great! Too bad you couldn't get a pic of the guy just standing there not knowing what to say....i bet it'd make you laugh everytime you saw it!

Comment

That debt collector wins the booby prize. Don't let him get the breast of you.
          Sorry - couldn't help myself. Loved the story.

Comment

I had a banker show up at my store. I wasn't there so don't know what for. Only thing I know is I owe the bank a lot of money. But the original poster had an investigator show up. I didn't really know if they really do that or not.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Yep, Investigator!!

He was from National Investigations, as the letter he left with me stated. He was a licensed private investigator. The term for it is a "chase." He was "verifying my address." Right!! I have lived in the same home for 7 years. I know thug tactics when I see them. I told Mrs. credit union lady as much, and told her the credit union would no longer be getting "preferential treatment" from me.

Comment

Oh, that is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
                BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Dang - why didn't I think of getting boobs prior to filing...j/k - LOL
                  Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                  341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                  Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                    Now see when I was doing collections and if that was me, I would have asked to see the "unit" or collateral....LOL Have to verify the condition its in and report back to the lender....LMAO! Often I would take pictures of the collateral also...
                    Now see, I bet when he retells the story to his work friends, I'm sure he did say something like that, right before I flashed him. And I am sure when he entertains them with the tale, I am way hotter than I really am. I probably get hotter and more desperate as the story goes. Too bad I am just an average housewife with medical debt!
                    Last edited by Regrets; 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X