top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon from judgement to actual garnishment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon from judgement to actual garnishment?

Anyone have any real life examples of this, I have read, that some get the judgement and it still takes a while for the garnishment to take place either via your bank account or payroll check.

a judgement creditor told me that they can get your checking acct in about 2 weeks, onece they have the info, they will use any trick available to get your info, i read somewhere that they actually send out a small rebate check, hoping you will cash it to get your info,

Comment

Judgement creditors would probably tell you that the moon is made out of cheese too.

Comment

Although I don't have an actual timeline to give you for a garnishment, but I can tell you I had an AMEX gold card that I started having trouble paying in May of 2008. After a gigundo payment in Aug 08 a few legal back and forths with 20 questions and a summons for this and that beginning in Nov 2008.....as of today Feb 27 ....there has yet to be a "judgement" offiicially filed and no garnishments either. I hope they don't knock on my door right after I hit 'send' on this reply.

As a side bar: I have been told that a judgement in itself is not a guarantee of a garnishment. A judge is not going to rule for a garnishment to take wages that would be used for necessities just because it is requested. They can file the judgement and it may just stay as that....an acknowledgment of the agreement to pay and liability.

Comment

What state are you in Opti? Maybe you're lucky and your state doesnt allow wage garnishments.
          http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

I have filed 2 judgments. One, I went after immediately and had his vehicle seized for payment.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I am in AZ, and I already checked, its 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                I am in AZ, and I already checked, its 25%.
                ah crap sorry.

I dont know your history, but is this about a judgement from past litigation or is this something that you're just asking about for the future?
                http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X