what happens next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens next?

Its been awhile since I have posted.Anyways still both unemployed we are.Currently with late charges over limit fees one card is 30k /7k/22k and 27k . the 6 months period has passed on the 30k and the 7k card.today receive collections letters on them 2 that are not with the original crediter.all they say is got 30 days that if not protested the office will assume the debt is valid. the 2 agencys are creditors interchange and client services inc. I will be filing bk somewheres down the road so as far as letting theses accts go into default judgement is no prob correct? Guess I am also wondering what happens next?Also another question I have is beentrying to sell a motorcycle as I am wondering if they canget there hands on it? The motorcycle has a clear title toit prob worth 7k to 9k. The motorcycle wasnt finaced thru the cards.I know I will lose the motorcycle once filed but I am curious if that be the case as of now?

Not a problem. Sell the motorcycle for fair market value and use the money for living expenses and necessities before you file.

Comment

do what they ask! write them a letter and state you officially protest..
      "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Originally posted by floridian View Post
        do what they ask! write them a letter and state you officially protest..
        why should I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by landofpoor View Post
          why should I do that?
          You really should avoid a Judgment if possible. You have no idea what it can do to you. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

i was kidding... i know, its no joking matter....it will probably happen to me eventually..
            "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              You really should avoid a Judgment if possible. You have no idea what it can do to you. 'Hub
              There is no possible way to avoid the judgements coming I believe.Have not worked here going on 2 years.thats why the cards are out of controll.I have done few big cash advances thats been carrying us for the last 2 years.Also wondering would it matter if I pd up the utilities for a full yr or even 6 months at a time seeing I have pulled the coin outta checking few months ago and be using money orders.

Comment

Do you mind my clarifying...are these letters you received basically serving you and saying that you will get a judgment against you in 30 days? I thought they had to personally deliver those. And did you say that these accounts are only 6 months past due???

Comment

Originally posted by lalap123 View Post
                  Do you mind my clarifying...are these letters you received basically serving you and saying that you will get a judgment against you in 30 days? I thought they had to personally deliver those. And did you say that these accounts are only 6 months past due???
                  I am gona copy exactly what it says.

This is an attempt to coolect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.Thisis a communication from a debt collector.Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of the debt or any portion thereof this office will assume this debt valid.If you notigy this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a copy of such judgement or verification.If you request this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice thisoffice will provide you with the name and address of the original credit grantor if different from the current grantor.

Also the acct number they have correct and the correct amount due.So if I made em validate it I might buy a month I spose.I am just thinking might as well continue doing what I have done for last 6 months which is no communication whatsoever on my part.

Comment

I would expect that your ability to sell the motorcycle will improve greatly as the nice weather approaches!

I guess as long as CA's keep pestering you that's a good thing since it means they haven't decided to sue you.

Hopefully they know it's a waste of their time & money.

Good luck.

(new sig, like it?)
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                      I would expect that your ability to sell the motorcycle will improve greatly as the nice weather approaches!

I guess as long as CA's keep pestering you that's a good thing since it means they haven't decided to sue you.

Good luck.

(new sig, like it?)
                      thanks catleg

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post

Good luck.

(new sig, like it?)
                        Not to hijack the thread, but I love the new sig!

I think my credit score has about 4% of the US beat! Woo hoo, good to be on top of somebody!

( Sorry, had to do it!)

Comment

The obtaining a judgment part generally reflects those cases where a judgment has already been granted, and a collection firm or collection attorney is attempting to enforce the judgment.

They can't simply go out and "get a judgment" without you knowing about it.

It sounds as if you are only receiving notices to collect on the debt. There does not appear to be any court order or default judgment. It appears you are at the 180 day chargeoff point. In many of these cases, collections moves from inhouse to outside collections after 180 days.

Your call whether you send a debt verification (DV) letter. You have 30 days to ask for verification and name and address of original creditor. I DV everyone, and I have not had any serious actions taken. I suspect actions in the future. Again, your call.

Originally posted by landofpoor View Post
                          I am gona copy exactly what it says.

This is an attempt to coolect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.Thisis a communication from a debt collector.Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of the debt or any portion thereof this office will assume this debt valid.If you notigy this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a copy of such judgement or verification.If you request this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice thisoffice will provide you with the name and address of the original credit grantor if different from the current grantor.

Also the acct number they have correct and the correct amount due.So if I made em validate it I might buy a month I spose.I am just thinking might as well continue doing what I have done for last 6 months which is no communication whatsoever on my part.

Comment

Is there really any difference in what happens if you DV or not to these CA's? I haven't DV'd any of them...Is this bad?

Comment

Not really. If you are planning to file, they have to prove they have a valid claim. Which means that they have to show the chain of transactions that shows that the CA purchased the debt from the card issuer. We DV'd some and ignored the others. We had a few that hadn't been paid in over a year by the time we filed and had no judgments in sight. The court system is sooo back up with this that it is still going to take six more months for them to sue you.

Good Luck...
                              Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
                              341 - 2/5/09
                              Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X