top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No letters or e-mail correspondence - is this normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I think this is also true in a 7 because they are trying to do whatever they can to push you into a 13.
    Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
    341 - 2/5/09
    Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

Yep, I would agree that the BK reform act of 2005 created a real issue for those who would like to protect their assets and be responsible for nothing other than what creditors would receive under a BK 7. This may work when the economy is booming, but I can't see the nation benefits when the economy is depressed. Stay tuned. Wait another 6 -18 months and we will see the amount of folks walking away from unsecured debt increase rapidly. There seems to have been a recent issue where folks were more than willing to pay their "credit card" debt and not pay their mortgages. I think this will turn around as attorneys, trustees, etc come to realize that the declining value of real property allows one immense latitude when determining what one's exemption is worth. Trustees are left with a situation that they will have to find "buyers" to cover the asset and potentially any exemption. You can see where I'm going here...

And, of course, in my opinion, the ugly reality of the billions of dollars in student loan debt has not yet reared its head.

Comment

wamu/chase

started receiving calls from wamu today to both my wifes and mine cellphone. I checked my wamu online account information page, nope nothing there. so I realized i had not set up online access to my wifes accounts, so i did so, went to the info page.........bingo, both our cell #'s were listed there. so I deleted them, changed to my OOma VOP# and there was room for a third #. so I put in the # they were calling from.........take that. when they call, it wll go right back to them Ha ha.
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X