What happens when you send letters to all branches of a CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when you send letters to all branches of a CA

I and third parties keep getting calls regarding a debt that was charged off. They wont stop calling other numbers and family members to reach me, leaving voice mails to others and disclosing my debt with the "you have 3 seconds to hang up if you are not this person", but of course people who are called by the CA listen to it all and let me know (not fun)

So I researched the company name and approximately 7 different addresses came up and 3 faxes, and out of frustration I just sent all of them C+D letters and sent the same letter to the 3 fax numbers (who knows who got the faxes) Let's assume that none of the 7 branches have my account, including whomever got the 3 faxes at different locations, what will happen next? I refuse to call and get into a shouting match to obtain their official mailing address, so I just searched online and sent all of them the CD letter + faxes. Any consequence for me in doing this? (Call me paranoid, but weird stuff happens in life)
    Last edited by Confuzed; 03-21-2009, 07:40 PM.

Research the company and get the names of the officers. Do google searches, etc. and find all the relatives of all the officers and begin calling each relative telling them a situation has developed and you must get in touch with so and so. When you get the telephone number of each officer, start calling them every day starting at 7:00 PM. Tell them if they will not talk to you, you will call all their neighbors and relatives. (Don't do this - just have a good laugh).

With all that you have done, they probably will still call you, maybe even more.

Do you have a lawyer?
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I dont have a lawyer, I am putting off chapter 7 in case of a true emergency such as a lawsuit, medical emergency, etc. I have unsecured credit card debt in the 25k-30k range I guess with mounting fees and penalties.

The company I researched had so many different addresses over the past few years on forums where people complain I just didnt know what to do so I sent them all cd letters and to all the faxes too. Oh well.

Comment

If you have that much in unsecured debts and you C&D them, you'll probably start seeing lawsuits soon. When you send someone a C&D you are essentially saying that you won't talk about this with them anymore, the next thing I expect from you is a summons. If they think there is a reasonable likliehood of garnishing wages they'll do it.

If you are able to file CH7, why not go into a CH13 plan, pay a minimal amount through the trustee for a short period of time and be done with it? If an emergency comes up you can always convert to a CH7. But if lawsuit is one of your "emergency" criteria, you are heading there right now, why put it off?

I plan on sending a thank you note after my CH13 is discharged and closed to the a-hole at the one collection agency that made me decide to look in to BK. At the end of it I'll have paid pennies on the dollar (tax and interest free)and have eliminated over 100k in unsecured debt including my 2nd mortgage that is going to be stripped. Had it not been for him, I would have happily struggled to find ways to keep paying the OC.

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
          If you have that much in unsecured debts and you C&D them, you'll probably start seeing lawsuits soon. When you send someone a C&D you are essentially saying that you won't talk about this with them anymore, the next thing I expect from you is a summons. If they think there is a reasonable likliehood of garnishing wages they'll do it.

If you are able to file CH7, why not go into a CH13 plan, pay a minimal amount through the trustee for a short period of time and be done with it? If an emergency comes up you can always convert to a CH7. But if lawsuit is one of your "emergency" criteria, you are heading there right now, why put it off?

I plan on sending a thank you note after my CH13 is discharged and closed to the a-hole at the one collection agency that made me decide to look in to BK. At the end of it I'll have paid pennies on the dollar (tax and interest free)and have eliminated over 100k in unsecured debt including my 2nd mortgage that is going to be stripped. Had it not been for him, I would have happily struggled to find ways to keep paying the OC.

Tell the A-hole you think he is one of your angels, maybe your guardian angels. Ask him if he has a picture of himself so you can place his picture on your alter so you can prostrate yourself before him. You don't have to tell him your alter is the porcelain alter (toilet) and that you get down on your hands and knees and prostrate yourself before the alter (vomit) so as to give up food offerings mixed with a little beer.
          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

While it is true that not paying can eventually lead to suit, don't automatically this will happen "soon." There is no way to know. There are many on this board who went months and years before legal actions were taken.

IF you are sued, then you will need to look at your ability to survive a potential wage garnishment. As it has been said on many occasions, there is no one shoe that fits all.

You can search some of my comments on this board and see some of my experiences. They have not all been pretty. After 2+ years, I still hold the BK 13 card and have not played it. You do need to realize that my credit is nearly shot (still holding at 520 - 540 after many judgments, collection accounts, charge-offs, etc - weird, I know.) But, I'm pretty happy living within my means on cash. I contribute to a TDI plan that has loan availability and if needed I could borrow the money from MYSELF and pay myself back with interest.

The new wrinkle for me is that I am in a position where we could see 15% - 20% reduction in salary next year, so once again, I'm thankful I still have some control other than the local trustee.

I'm still waiting for the train to hit me carrying major lawsuits by national CC companines, but after 6 - 16 months, the rail is still empty.

Comment

Sometimes it's worth it to take just one call.

Ask for their name and mailing address for a payment.

Send C&D letter there, making sure to give them a mailing address where you can be reached.

I'm going to start posting addresses to send C&D letters to these various websites which keep track of annoying phone numbers so that's another place to check, just google the number on your caller id.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                Lets not suggest that sending out C&D's generates a lawsuit its not factual and honestly rarely happens. There is a lot that goes into the consideration of a creditor before they decide to sue you. I have C&D everyone one of my creditors (over 20) and I am close to 16 months of no payments and no one has yet to file suit. In addition depending on your situation a lawsuit can mean nothing anyways.
                I went from collection agency to a lawyer in my state demanding payment in full in less than 30 days from sending a C&D to the CA. In my case it was a substantial amount owe the CC and I have a regular income. I suspect that puts me in the category of shoot for judgement.

But my point was that when you tell a collection agency that they cannot talk to you anymore, you are giving them two options, sit and wait or sue.

Comment

Big Boy,

The CD letter states that according to the FDCPA since they know my location and contact #, they are not allowed to contact third parties as well. This has worked for me when I have an exact mailing address for a CA.

Some of these CA are rude and bullies. I literally got into a shouting match and it was back and forth with them saying "hold for my supervisor" when I asked for their mailing address, not worth it. Then I was told "Are you refusing to pay your debt?", and then when I insisted on the mailing address I was told, "You are one of those professional debtors, hold on!" and 20 minutes later I get the address. That was enough for me, I decided not to talk with any of them at all. This nasty CA was really rude and called a family member at another number twice per day.

These CA's already know my mailing address/location and phone #, they call and call and I dont answer their letters/phone calls so they begin to call other people such as family members and leave that recorded message every day. It is no fun when a family member calls you and tells you "a law firm is looking for you, what did you do?" ....they literally thought I committed some crime, and it was uncomfortable listening to this from a family member..Turns out it was a bozo collection agency that had some predictive auto-dialer and far from a law firm when I researched them. I only send CD letters to those agencies that continuously call other phone numbers (family members) and it gets to the point of borderline harassment.

The other CA's can call me all day long to my number, I dont care about that. I only send it out when it gets out of control (when they call other people).
                  Last edited by Confuzed; 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Probably worth watching Dateline NBC this Friday, it looks like they visit a debt collection boiler room with some interesting folks who otherwise would only appear on TV in an episode of COPS.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X