:tongue: Thank you for your business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:tongue: Thank you for your business?

Just got off the phone with Discover, telling them that we had retained an attorney and they needed to contact him. After getting the information, she went into the boilerplate closing spiel and ended with "We appreciate your business." Um, really? You know I'm not going to pay, right?
    27 May 09: File Ch7
    6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
    6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
    6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

It was all the interest you paid them prior to filing.. lol

Comment

Discover said that to me too. I remember thinking how odd it was.

Overall every credit card company collection call had an overall sincere tone. Some were nice, most were business only and non-judgemental. Only Juniper/Barclays were negative and ever since day one with that bank I found it to be their normal mode. It was a small credit line and I paid in full every month. Used it for gas and groceries. It was stolen once and they nailed me. I was hit with interest, overlimit fees and late payment fees. I paid my part and left the rest in dispute. They eventually removed the charges but always refused to remove all the fees. There was no talking to them. Then they raised my interest to the default amount and the rest they say is history. It was the start of the end.

Comment

Gotta love 'em. However...Discover was one of the nicest cc or ca that I spoke with prior to filing. Never lectured, threatened or anything else. Just professional.
        Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
        341 - 2/5/09
        Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

I don't care whether they are nice or not. I know with 100% certainty they are not really trying to help me. They are really trying to squeeze money out of me.

If the collector is pleasant I tend to be pleasant in return but I never let my guard down with any of them. Even the sweet voiced ones might be black widow spiders....so to speak.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X