Macys has called my cell phone 27 times in the past 7 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macys has called my cell phone 27 times in the past 7 days

Honestly, I have tried ignoring it, but finally they called so much I figured I'd make contact so they would at least hold off a day between calls.

Now I answer it and they never say anything even when I wait for a minute and a half. An hour or two later, they call back again.

They are calling over a $48 payment (It was originally $9, but thanks late fees!) that is probably a month overdue at this point in time.

Short of invading india to destroy the call center they are calling from, is there anything I can do to stop this? This seems like a clear cut case of harassment when they won't even respond to me after I answer the phone.

I think their status is probably that of an OC, otherwise I'd already have done whatever I need to do pro se to nail them for their lousy $300 total balance using FDCPA and my state law, which definitely limits a licensed CA to call no more than 3 times per week (actually, I think that was you who pasted that law in a different thread).

Comment

It might take a few minutes but your best bet is to wait for someone to answer and ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them they need to stop calling and you will pay when you can. Just give them an approx date and they should update their auto-dialer to not call you again til then and then do the same thing then.

Comment

I got a call from Chase collections on my business cellphone and I harshly told them this is a business cellphone and that I'm not allowed to accept calls from them on it. They haven't bothered me since, which is pretty amazing since they've certainly been trying to skip trace me, my online chase account currently shows the residence phone number of the place I moved out of 6 years ago as a contact number. i.e. same address, different resident (not me), different phone number than I ever had. only connection is the address.
        P.S. I told them on the cell phone call to reach me at my home number which is a magic jack that i never answer.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X