Collection Calls have started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection Calls have started

So I stopped paying on my unsecured debt this month.

Paypal Buyer Credit (GE Money Bank) Due 04/13 (No calls)
    Capital One Unsecured Personal Loan - Due 04/17 (No calls)
    HSBC Credit Card - Due 04/17 (No calls)

Juniper Credit Card (Barkley Bank?) Due 04/14 - Calls started coming in on Tuesday April 21st. They have my cell number, which they have been calling. They called 10 times on Tuesday and 5 times on Wednesday. They left a message once and when I checked my voice mail, it was an automated message saying to call them back at such and such number.

I checked my account online earlier and my APR jumped from 7.99% to 23.99%.

Just waiting for the others to start calling.

Can't wait to tell them (if I actually decided to talk to any of them) that I will be filing in mid May.

I owe eBay fee's that will be included in my bankruptcy. They have already suspended my account and threatened me in an email that they will come after me if I don't pay. These fee's are from a personal business I had about 3 months ago that went totally wrong. If I lose my eBay account and I am banned for life, no big deal. eBay has gone way down hill in the past year, it really wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never did business on there again.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Give em time. My Cap 1 was due 4/7........calls started yesterday. funny thing, it was an automated message saying they wanted to make a deal with me. they must be getting desperate.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

At this stage I would just lie to them and tell them you're gonna pay by next due date. That buys you about a week between calls. I would also tell them that's your employer provided cellphone and you're not allowed to receive calls. Then give them some other number.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
        At this stage I would just lie to them and tell them you're gonna pay by next due date. That buys you about a week between calls. I would also tell them that's your employer provided cellphone and you're not allowed to receive calls. Then give them some other number.
        Thanks for the advice, I never even thought about mentioning that I will pay next month. Lets see if they call when I am actually awake (I work nights!!!)
        Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

I got up today around 4:30 PM for work and checked my cell phone. 19 missed calls today. I think that is a record so far. 9 calls were from Juniper Bank and I think the remaining 10 were from either Capital One, HSBC or GE Money Bank. I am not sure because the number comes up as Blocked on my caller ID. I have only received 2 voice mails and they were both from Juniper.

Lets see if I receive more then 20 on Saturday. Hopefully I will be awake to answer the calls because I do want to talk to them.
          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by WillinVT View Post
            I got up today around 4:30 PM for work and checked my cell phone. 19 missed calls today. I think that is a record so far. 9 calls were from Juniper Bank and I think the remaining 10 were from either Capital One, HSBC or GE Money Bank. I am not sure because the number comes up as Blocked on my caller ID. I have only received 2 voice mails and they were both from Juniper.

Lets see if I receive more then 20 on Saturday. Hopefully I will be awake to answer the calls because I do want to talk to them.
            Started getting calls from Shaneequa at Citi Retail cards. leaving messages on my work phone . This is the only one I'm worried about having trouble with since it was a Retailers card for a Mattress. and it's not a robocall but a live person leaving messages. I guess i could tell them I no longer have the matress.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Juniper is very very aggressive. They call from an unknown number. Since it is my personal policy to not answer unknown name, unknown number calls. I let it go to voicemail. They got sneaky and started calling work. I simply told them that personal calls were not allowed and they didn't call again, but went back to my cell.

I typically had about 20-25 missed calls a day on my cell. Any numbers I didn't know I didn't answer, which was about 99% of them.
              sigpic
              Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
              Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
              Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

I second the aggressiveness of Juniper (Barclay Bank of Delaware). They are rude, call your work repeatedly, and flat out ignore the fact that you have hired an attorney. The feel if they make this sense of urgency within you, that you will buckle, and pay them, instead of just utilizing your rights as a consumer. Go get your bail out, all the banks are taking our tax dollars to bail themselves out to give out big bonuses, and have parties and buy private jets.

Sick world we live in, everything revolves around the dollar.

Comment

Capital 1 is getting sneaky

got a call this morning.......checked the caller ID, it was from my area code but did not recognize the phone #, so I did not answer. Played back the message, sure enough it was some hot sounding chick on a recording claiming to be Linda, saying she had an offer for me. Mabee thats the new tactic, have sexy women call you and see if they can get more with Honey than a Stick ??

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                    I second the aggressiveness of Juniper (Barclay Bank of Delaware). They are rude, call your work repeatedly, and flat out ignore the fact that you have hired an attorney. The feel if they make this sense of urgency within you, that you will buckle, and pay them, instead of just utilizing your rights as a consumer. Go get your bail out, all the banks are taking our tax dollars to bail themselves out to give out big bonuses, and have parties and buy private jets.

Sick world we live in, everything revolves around the dollar.
                    Juniper call my cell 10 times today. When I got home from work this morning at 7:30, I was filling out some of my bankruptcy papers and at 8:00 AM on the dot, my cell phone started going off. Five minutes later, the called again.

Oh well...
                    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                      got a call this morning.......checked the caller ID, it was from my area code but did not recognize the phone #, so I did not answer. Played back the message, sure enough it was some hot sounding chick on a recording claiming to be Linda, saying she had an offer for me. Mabee thats the new tactic, have sexy women call you and see if they can get more with Honey than a Stick ??
                      LMAO!!!!!!! Linda calls me about 5 times a day.

Linda's my woman you stay away!!! LMAO

Wait till i talk to that cheatin Jezzabell. LMAO

I wonder what that floosie has in mind for us.
                      Filed July 7,2009
                      341 August 24,2009 (completed)
                      Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
                      Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

Originally posted by JustOverBroke View Post
                        LMAO!!!!!!! Linda calls me about 5 times a day.

Linda's my woman you stay away!!! LMAO

Wait till i talk to that cheatin Jezzabell. LMAO

I wonder what that floosie has in mind for us.
                        I don't know but she sounds Hot !! You suppose it's a new tactic to see if you will call back for Linda...........but you get Shaneequa instead or Sam in India ??

Comment

Hey!

I have a hot tip for collectors, start calling from a 900 number, then I bet the guys would start answering the phones!

OOOOH!

Sorry boys!

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                            I don't know but she sounds Hot !! You suppose it's a new tactic to see if you will call back for Linda...........but you get Shaneequa instead or Sam in India ??
                            I am still getting the pre-recorded messages. 19 of them today. When I answer the phone, it says "Please hold, all of our operators are busy at the moment".
                            Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by WillinVT View Post
                              I am still getting the pre-recorded messages. 19 of them today. When I answer the phone, it says "Please hold, all of our operators are busy at the moment".
                              Linda called again today. She keeps changing her Ph # though, guess she doesn't want me to stalk her.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X