help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

Has anyone got a letter like this before? Does this mean they will definately sue?

Dear xxxx,

Over the past several months you have failed to make the required minimum payments on your above credit card account. As a result, Chase Bank USA hereby demands immediate payment of the entire balance set forth above.

If you fail to make payment of the entire balance, Chase has the right to start a lawsuit against you. If a lawsuit is started, you can be served with a summons and complaint by a sheriff or prcess server. The filing of a lawsuit by our attorny starts a series of events that may result in a judgement being entered against you. If a judgement is entered against you, your salary could be garnished.

To avoid a lawsuit, contact one of our representatives at 1-800-327-4676 within fifteen days of the date of this letter to schedule your payment. Otherwise, and without further notice, the bank intends to instruct its attorny to commence legal action against you for the entire balance owed plus appropriate interest and court costs.

If you and Chase agree upon a repayment plan, please remit all promised payments to Chase Cardmember Services, PO Box 15922, Wilmongton, DE 19886 on or before the agreed date to avoid legal action.

Very Truly yours,

Chase Collection Support Department
    1-800-327-4676

In-House Counsel for Chase
    " a bunch of lawyers names her"

My wife got a couple of these about a month ago.
    Nothing has happened yet.
    What state are you in?
    I'm in NJ, where special civil part a.k.a the judgment mill gives them an easy judgment for up to 15k if they file a suit and you don't answer.
    Apparently there are 400k collection cases a year and 75% go to default judgment.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

This is standard operating proceedure. They may, but your automatic stay will stop that immediately. Don't worry about those kind of letters. Only worry about the summons and you must respond, 20 or 30 days, unless you file. It is normal. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I just got a letter saying that they will sue, they only thing they will discuss is repayment after they get a judgement to avoid liens and garnishment. I'm going to send them a letter thanking them for their attention on the matter and advising them that I'll be filing BK in the next 30 days.

Comment

They are trying any tactic possible to get some payment from you. Letter states you need to pay whole balance. once they get you on phone they may tell you to send them a partial pmt or set up a plan etc.

They may very well follow through - but I'm sure taking about the sheriff scares people into calling and sending some pmt to them.

Comment

Have your card been stopped and closed? I would assume so if you are not paying total amount. This is just collection letter basically. They usually send to several ca before really sue. I stopped paying june 2006, chase 5000,wamu 5000, CO 7000, BOA 9500,
            disc 4000. Dec 2008 CO sued me. Rest never did. However this debt 31,000 turned into 69,000 collection fees and all by Dec 2008. I am judgement proof , however I did ahead and file chptr 7 jan 7. AS Capital O wanted my copies of my financial retirement statements and I did not want them to have my account numbers so my attorney recommended to file to avoid this. I did pay on a debit Plan for 2 yrs which was waste of money in 2000 trying to get out of debt . By 2006 I was job less so I tried settlements until I found out it would a taxable thing for me so forget that. Just my story. Don't beat yourself up if you cannot pay. You paid these people 3 times over already for hour debt.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Thanks, I'm in California. I quit paying in January. I do plan to file Chapter 7 but I am trying to get my mortgage modified first because I hear while in BK they won't work with you. I meet with my 2nd Lawyer tommorow. I'd rather not have a judgement, I was thinking that a judgment and a BK on my report might be worse than just a BK. I know credit is going to be trashed but I would like to rebuild someday. (although the thought of ever having a credit card again is scary!) I'm mainly worried about job prospects in the future etc... but I guess it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by emfjs View Post
                Thanks, I'm in California. I quit paying in January. I do plan to file Chapter 7 but I am trying to get my mortgage modified first because I hear while in BK they won't work with you. I meet with my 2nd Lawyer tommorow. I'd rather not have a judgement, I was thinking that a judgment and a BK on my report might be worse than just a BK. I know credit is going to be trashed but I would like to rebuild someday. (although the thought of ever having a credit card again is scary!) I'm mainly worried about job prospects in the future etc... but I guess it is what it is.
                Not sure where your located, but the California courts are swamped. I reviewed the docket for the Riverside court last week, and it's about a 1 year wait for a creditor to get in after they file. I think you have plenty of time. I expect i will be getting some of those same letters soon. Just part of the process
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I live in Sacramento County. How do you look that up? I was able to see that there were a ton of filings by Chase but nothing as to how long the wait is etc...

Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by emfjs View Post
                    I live in Sacramento County. How do you look that up? I was able to see that there were a ton of filings by Chase but nothing as to how long the wait is etc...

Thanks so much!
                    Go to the calendar section. it should list cases by current month. scroll through to find cases by CC bank. write down case #'s. now go to the section where you can look and review each case. put in the case #. You will be able to see a summary which shows dates case was filed, summons service date, etc.
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I'm curious what recourse you have against them after they threaten the lawsuit if they don't follow through. Even if they're an OC, I would think it's worth an FTC complaint, Chase has been pretty badass, as bad as Crap One used to be, and the gov't eventually gave them an attitude adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                        I'm curious what recourse you have against them after they threaten the lawsuit if they don't follow through. Even if they're an OC, I would think it's worth an FTC complaint, Chase has been pretty badass, as bad as Crap One used to be, and the gov't eventually gave them an attitude adjustment.
                        thats interesting. As i was reading this post, a commercial comes on I heve never seen before. It is sponsered by cap1-Citi-Discover-chase, saying how they are here to help if you are having trouble making payments, let us know, we can help you, just general blah,blah.blah

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                          thats interesting. As i was reading this post, a commercial comes on I heve never seen before. It is sponsered by cap1-Citi-Discover-chase, saying how they are here to help if you are having trouble making payments, let us know, we can help you, just general blah,blah.blah
                          I have to laugh how their helping me always involves me giving them money. :-)

Comment

I just met with another lawyer today and gave a deposit. I'm just waiting a bit to see if I can get my mortgage modified. They lawyer says I can start refering my creditors to him.

I did look at the cases at the courts in my county and it looks like it's taking almost a year to get a default judgement so I guess I'm ok for a little while.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X