New CA Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CA Calling

I wish I would have recorded my last two conversations with a company called AR Systems. The first one, the guy did not want to answer the question of whether or not they were a debt collection company. I finally convinced him to send me a written notice of this alleged debt. I received this today.

The second call just happened and I asked the guy if he was a debt collector. He finally said yes. I asked him if he had anything to say and all he would say was the call might be monitored. No mention of an "attempt to collect a debt, etc." These folks definitely do not know the rules. Probably new employees. He kept asking how I wanted him to respond to the OC. Was I refusing to pay the debt, etc. I kept saying I have no idea about any debt and made it clear that I do not discuss any personal financial info over the phone. I ackowledged I received some kind of a notice from ARS related to some alleged debt and would be responding in writing.

The letter is a clear dunning letter and they have a great offer! They'll take about $7K on a $9.5 debt. LOL

By the way this alleged account has now been through 1 CA, followed by a legal firm, followed by another legal firm, and now it's back to a CA. I have never once received any verification of this alleged debt. I'm going to speak with a consumer attorney upstate and see what his thoughts are on this.

New one called today

started getting calls from some place called FIA card services. i'm pretty sure it's on my B of A business card. 3 seperate calls. they must be in the south or east somewhere as they had a southern accent. One guy left message that he had a limited time offer to give me, interesting, I'm not even 60 days late yet.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Yes, FIA is BofA. Possbily they represent more than just BofA, but I've received letters from them and I'm sure it's my BofA accounts they are referencing.
      Stopped paying CCs 1/1/2009
      Filed 10/2/2009 341 11/8/2009
      Discharged! 1/13/2009 I can hardly believe it....

Comment

Just got my first call that was not from the card company itself. FIA called at 8:55pm. Called my cell phone and then my husbands. Not sure why they called me. These were all cards my husband had before we were married. Now I have to read thru the posts and see what to say. This is moving way faster than I thought it would. Only between 60 and 90 days late on my cards. I thought I had a little longer. I guess I really need to start calling lawyers. I am dragging my feet thinking I will get the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kkole425 View Post
          Just got my first call that was not from the card company itself. FIA called at 8:55pm. Called my cell phone and then my husbands. Not sure why they called me. These were all cards my husband had before we were married. Now I have to read thru the posts and see what to say. This is moving way faster than I thought it would. Only between 60 and 90 days late on my cards. I thought I had a little longer. I guess I really need to start calling lawyers. I am dragging my feet thinking I will get the money.
          I think you got plenty of time. I think FIA is just part of B of A and do their calling.Some of the people here have gone well over a year without being sued.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Thanks that makes me feel alittle better. Your picture alone AL makes me feel good everytime I see one of your posts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kkole425 View Post
              Thanks that makes me feel alittle better. Your picture alone AL makes me feel good everytime I see one of your posts!!
              yeah, hang in there. my cards are coming up on the 60 day mark since last payment I would just take your time, prepare everything, talk to some attourneys when your ready. You really don't have much to worry about untill you get served, and even then you got time. research your local court docket and see how many months they are backed up with cases. that will help.

Comment

FIA Card Services handles all the former cards MBNA processed for other customers. I.E. Several banks sold their card portfolios to MBNA prior to BofA buying MBNA. Those banks would not be too happy having their customer's cards converted to BofA cards, so they created FIA to handle the cards not switched to BofA branded cards.
                March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
                Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

In my personal experience, it is true that FIA is a contract "collector" for MBNA accounts. I doubt that anything will be taken to the court level before 180 days. You could speak with them and explain some sob-story and they seem to be willing to "work with you." I had offers from FIA for 20% right before I let them (old Mbna, now BoA) chargeoff. Eventually, the MBNA account went into some kind of limobo-land of collections. My one original BoA acount was sold to a JDB who reports to the credit reporting agancies, but the account is marked "in dispute by consumer." The FIA issue is strange, but I let it go as well.

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                    I think you got plenty of time. I think FIA is just part of B of A and do their calling.Some of the people here have gone well over a year without being sued.
                    yep fia is boa.last nite sposed to been my lastchance to work with them at 75% off.so im guessing it will be sent to collectoions now for the full amount they said on message that was left. last paid on cc was sept 08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X