Text Message from Creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Message from Creditor

Just a few minutes ago, I checked my cell phone to erase all the missed calls from creditors I received yesterday and today and found that I had 2 text messages; both from Juniper.

Both messages said "We have been trying to reach you concerning account xxxx"

Anyone else receive text messages from there creditors?
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Originally posted by WillinVT View Post
    Just a few minutes ago, I checked my cell phone to erase all the missed calls from creditors I received yesterday and today and found that I had 2 text messages; both from Juniper.

Both messages said "We have been trying to reach you concerning account xxxx"

Anyone else receive text messages from there creditors?
    I actually got a few from BoA, I can't recall what exactly they said but it was something along the lines of 'we have not received payment on your account' blah blah
    Filed 5/29/09
    Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Watch out , they will be posting on your Myspace/Facebook page next!

( I read about a collector doing that, maybe it was on this forum)

They will do whatever they can to get their moolah, times are tough for those poor old debt collectors

Comment

BOA did that to me boy were they annoying. They did stop when I asked them to though.

Comment

BOA does that no stop to my husbands cell. I need to tell them to stop because we took the text package off our phone to save money.

Comment

Not yet, but Wells fargo just started calling mine. I put one # on the blocklist, but then they called from another. I just don't answer. I have Verizon and I can only add up to 20 #'s and its already full. I think the CC's have some sort of software that rotates what #'s they call from so they can try and confuse you.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
              I got rid of my Myspace page a few months back. I do have a Facebook account, but it's set to private. Kind of curious if they were to post a message on my Facebook page, how would they get access? Unless, the big-wigs at Facebook somehow add them to my friends list which wouldn't surprise me
              Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
              341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
              Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
              Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Text em back with links to virus-laden sites. Tell em they can get better contact information for you at www.*******.com so you can discuss the matter further.

I'm sure they would all get a good laugh out of it!

11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I received one of those too from BofA not too long ago it was almost as cute as the collections letter they sent me via Fed Ex.

God bless there little hearts spending all that money on little ole' me.

I feel special.
                  Filed July 7,2009
                  341 August 24,2009 (completed)
                  Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
                  Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

Got one from Home Depot at 3AM last night. The notification woke me up.
                    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
                    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
                    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

I got one from Juniper as well. Mine said at the end "To opt out of messages reply 'stop' to xxxxx." So I did that because I don't have texting on my phone and it cost me extra $. I haven't gotten another one since then.
                      Lying awake at night...
                      Waiting to file...
                      Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Comment

Originally posted by markdel16 View Post
                        Got one from Home Depot at 3AM last night. The notification woke me up.
                        I know there is a certain time frame that they can call, but 3am texting seems wrong! Does anyone know if there are any rules that apply to texting at odd hours?!? Just seems wrong.
                        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                          I know there is a certain time frame that they can call, but 3am texting seems wrong! Does anyone know if there are any rules that apply to texting at odd hours?!? Just seems wrong.
                          Yeah, but it was 3pm Mumbai time

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post

( I read about a collector doing that, maybe it was on this forum)

They will do whatever they can to get their moolah, times are tough for those poor old debt collectors
                            BOA did it to me too!

about the myspace/ facebook thing you might have heard that from me. Ive been in the collections field my whole life and theres tons of ways they can find you thru skip tracing.

do a trick for yourself, google your name like this "john smith" and see what comes up, if you find stuff on yourself than the collectors can find it too.

i come to the collections forum every now and then to help answer peoples questions about collectors. so anyone can feel free to PM me a question.

I dont like how bad collectors give collectors in general a bad name. Through my years in the industry, the best collectors are the one who have been thru hardtimes themselves.
                            retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                            10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                            09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X