top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Citi to give me 0% for 12 months...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Citi to give me 0% for 12 months...

and only paying 1% of balance. This reduces my payment by more than half and is workable. Phew. And, I was not late yet. My husband needs to call them now and try and get it too(but he is late by a few days). I called their direct hardship number.

I need to work on Chase now. Anyone have luck with them? I have a card and so does my husband.

I can afford to pay off these debts if they will work with us this way and at least stall BK for awhile(which I need to do for many reasons).

Before we filed we had Chase enroll us in their hardship program which was 6%.
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

Thanks..

Originally posted by Ifonly View Post
      Before we filed we had Chase enroll us in their hardship program which was 6%.
      Did they lower your minimum payment too(principal paid). I am hoping to get better than this. I guess we will see what happens.

Saw your siggy! Glad to hear your Ch13 went well.

Comment

They did lower the principal (minimum payment). The lowest I got from any of the larger lenders (BofA, Chase, etc.) was 6%. Home Depot, Sam's Club (I think they're all GE Money Bank) gave me 0% to be fully repaid in 60 months.
        over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
        Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

Citi offered me 0% and 1%bal, and to waive all the fees and charges. I told them to pound salt. I'll buy some clothes for my kids and chat with them once a week. I hit 90 with them in 2 days, if they'll settle for 15% I'll consider it but in truth I owe them 7500 and owe BOA 68K. Which one should I be concerned with?

Comment

Citi also gave me the 0% deal for 12 months for $100 per month payments (original payments were $280.00.) I bought in for a while but then after my wages were garnished by another creditor and I learned that I could live with 75% of disposable earnings, I stopped paying them, told them to my wages were being garnished, and they should sue me and GET IN LINE. It took another 6 months for them to send it to a CA. Eventually, the account wound up with an out-of-state collection attorney (6 months ago) who I DV'd. I have not heard a word on this account for 6 months. Going on 11 months since I paid them a dime.
            Last edited by treehugger1; 06-04-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

dv'ing is a great tool from what you have told us, I intend to do it to every third party jdb

Comment

Optimistic, I assume you have not filed. Evidently you have learned that things can move quite slowly in the world of "refusal to pay unsecured debts." LOL It seems you paid attorney in full. I assume you will eventually file. Your more evidence that time can be on the debtors side when needed. I started posting to this board 2 1/2 years ago. I'm still stalling. Keep posting your info. I also hope BB, Going Down, and others continue to weigh in. CatLeg is also onto the game and what a thrilling, stressful, and demanding game it can be. Wait until our "gamer" children grow up! They will play better than any of us!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X