top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been sued by Zwicker & Associates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been sued by Zwicker & Associates?

yet another letter in the mail today, makes me not wanna get the mail anymore. so I am gonna DV them and see what happens, curious though, anyone actually been sued by this firm? original debt was a gemb acct.

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
    yet another letter in the mail today, makes me not wanna get the mail anymore. so I am gonna DV them and see what happens, curious though, anyone actually been sued by this firm? original debt was a gemb acct.
    Lots of juicy info on Google about these dirt Bags

Ripoff Report on: Zwicker & Associates - Zwicker associates unwilling to follow collection laws threatening and abusive andover massachusetts
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Never been sued by them but they are the bottom feeders of the collection agencies.

Comment

Got same letter on GEMB account in April. Did nothing. Haven't received any other correspondence from them. Filing BK 9/09.

Luci

Comment

Wow, they really act like they can sue me at the drop of a hat, with all the attorney's they list on the cover letter, including two in my state.

Well, I will DV them and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
            Wow, they really act like they can sue me at the drop of a hat, with all the attorney's they list on the cover letter, including two in my state.

Well, I will DV them and see what happens.

Good Idea with 2 offices in your State. None listed for my State - Arkansas.

Luci

Comment

lucky you, as of now, atleast two creditors have gone with this approach, smart. I live in a large city though, so go figure.

Comment

Well said, I did look at the local court docket, there are three total. Of which, are in civil court, where they represent FIA card services, which is BofA, if you ask me.

According to one complaint, the filing date is 4/29, and the pre-trial conference is set at 7/29.

Question.

If a pre-trial conference is setup, does this mean that the defendant has answered the complaint?

Or does this mean this is when the court will hear the plaintiff's complaint?
                Last edited by optimistic1; 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Well lets hope that the 3 month gap from filing the complaint to the actual pretrial conference sticks over the next few months. If there is that long of a delay, then I truly feel sorry for anyone that sues, because by then, I would have filed already.

Comment

yes, i am, recieved a served letter from a county court house and they submitted the lawsuit april 09, and i send a copy to my attorney. planning to file .and pay off my attorney july.

Comment

how quickly did they seek a suit once obtaining the debt?

Comment

Sued by Zwicker and Citibank in Georgia

I was sued by Zwicker representing Citibank. I answered and counterclaimed. I answered their Discovery and sent them my discovery requests. They only partially answered and stated that they would have their client send me the remainder of the answers I requested. In the meantime they filed to have my counterclaim stricken or dismissed after the time allowed for them to make this motion. I then filed a motion to deny them their motion to strike or dismiss.This is the strange part. I got a call From a Jason Green from Zwicker wanting to make nice all of a sudden and work something out. When I told him that it made no sense for me to settle because I might have to file bankruptcy anyway if I couldn't settle some other matters. He then encouraged me to file Bankruptcy because Citibank would not drop their suit. I couldnt believe that they would want me to file for Bankruptcy. After that I got a motion that they filed with the court for an Emergency Motion to Extend the Time for Plaintiff to Respond to The Defendants Discovery Requests. In other words they are 3 months past due answering my Discovery requests and are asking the court for more time. I have filed a motion to Deny their request and Dismiss the case with Prejudice. Anyone have any thoughts as to why they would want me to file Bankruptcy?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X