New one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New one

Just got a call from some recording . left some garbled info on my voicemail. googled the # in my caller Id 425-648-9467, comes uo NCO Financial. not even sure which card it is probably Cap 1 or Citi. ohh well i'll wait for their letter and send a C & D.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Guessing it is NCO for C1. Get them to send you a letter. Then Send a DV and C&D. They are assigned debt by C1, but they do not own the debt. I found that the best way to deal with NCO is to not ignore them until you had made it clear your name, address, and requested they send you written information within five days of initial contact. They'll attempt to get you to discuss debt with them. Don't buy in. Exercise your rights under US civil laws and codes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
      Interesting since the 425 prefix is here in WA state. I always wonder why the accounts i have/had with NCO never went to the local offices they have three listed for my state. You would think they collect from an office that was local to the person they were attempting to collect from.
      Yeah, My company is based there, and my best friend lives in Woddinville, so when i saw the caller ID I thought it might be corporate or his home # untill ran back the message.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I think many of the big CA's have setups all over the country. They contract with individuals who are paid by commission. I would guess many of the individuals work out of their homes. I've had calls from large CA firms where the caller had an area code for my state, but no offices in state. When I googled the number (or used whocalled.us, or 800notes) the result said "unknown," but other folks had commented who the caller was.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
          I think many of the big CA's have setups all over the country. They contract with individuals who are paid by commission. I would guess many of the individuals work out of their homes. I've had calls from large CA firms where the caller had an area code for my state, but no offices in state. When I googled the number (or used whocalled.us, or 800notes) the result said "unknown," but other folks had commented who the caller was.
          Could be. so far its a Robo caller, about the same time each evening, and calling from a different phone # each time. nothing in the mail yet

Comment

Who were you expecting, "Hot Linda's sister"?????

I had NCO, do you have a discover card?

EDIT: It's from Amex account....
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
              Who were you expecting, "Hot Linda's sister"?????

I had NCO, do you have a discover card?

EDIT: It's from Amex account....
              yep got a discover too. BTW- Hot Linda stopped calling. guess she got tired of waitin for me to give her some lovin.

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                yep got a discover too. BTW- Hot Linda stopped calling. guess she got tired of waitin for me to give her some lovin.
                BTW, it was an AMEX card that NCO was collecting from me .

Stop playing hard to get Albacore!!
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Got the letter

Alright, got the letter today. wifes Cap 1 card. NCO- the above listed creditor has placed this account with our office for collection... blah blah blah blah. Guess i'll get a DV letter ready. BB or treehugger feel free to jump in and advise if there is any advise/ special handeling needed with these guys.

Comment

They are scum, when you send the DV they dont reply with anything, and they never call again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X