wells fargo doesnt mess around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wells fargo doesnt mess around

Just got my second letter from them. not even 60 days late and there already threatining legal action. glad they were the last ones i stopped paying. all the others are still send me cutsie letters saying please call us we can work with you , were here to help. must be the reason WF dident take any TARP money, they get down to business.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Yea, out of the ten CC's I have that are 180+ past due, sold, transfered, whatever. Wells Fargo sent me a summons right to my front door. Haven't heard from any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
      Yea, out of the ten CC's I have that are 180+ past due, sold, transfered, whatever. Wells Fargo sent me a summons right to my front door. Haven't heard from any of the others.
      crap.....how many months past due were you when you were served ?? i need to hold them off a bit
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I was about 9-10 months late with Wells Fargo when they served me.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
          I was about 9-10 months late with Wells Fargo when they served me.

yeah, looks like i'm gonna need to go pay the attorney i picked a retainer, so i can at least tell these people i intend to file to hold them off a bit. i need to get to january so everything ages to my satisfaction

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
            crap.....how many months past due were you when you were served ?? i need to hold them off a bit
            17 months I believe.

Comment

long time

Have a combined total of $120K with WF...over 14 months since last payment....hear nothing from them any longer...

Comment

Neither rhyme nor reason as to who does what, and when they attempt actions. I have a sense that folks who began defaulting and had chargeoffs 1 - 2 years ago may have escaped the more aggressive side of the "new" economy. Just guessing.

I keep waiting to be sued, but no suits from big CC's. I have wages that can be garnished, but I think my disastor of a credit report clearly shows something began to fall apart two years ago.

I was sued by American General, but I called them and encouraged them to go to small claims and we could get the account paid in a month or two (less than $1500.) They obliged. At about 90 days they served me, I didn't show, they got the wage garnishment and now they are paid in full. ANyone with local offices who had recent activity in my local court system, I encouraged to get the small claims judgment. They thought I crazy. I often repeated to them how they would get paid: suit, judgment, and garnishment. It turned out that I actually saved money, in that upon the judgment and wage garnishment all of their 29.9% interest + late fees vanished! I had to pay about $100 in service, small claims, judgment, and writ fees. It was a steal!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                  Neither rhyme nor reason as to who does what, and when they attempt actions. I have a sense that folks who began defaulting and had chargeoffs 1 - 2 years ago may have escaped the more aggressive side of the "new" economy. Just guessing.

I keep waiting to be sued, but no suits from big CC's. I have wages that can be garnished, but I think my disastor of a credit report clearly shows something began to fall apart two years ago.

I was sued by American General, but I called them and encouraged them to go to small claims and we could get the account paid in a month or two (less than $1500.) They obliged. At about 90 days they served me, I didn't show, they got the wage garnishment and now they are paid in full. ANyone with local offices who had recent activity in my local court system, I encouraged to get the small claims judgment. They thought I crazy. I often repeated to them how they would get paid: suit, judgment, and garnishment. It turned out that I actually saved money, in that upon the judgment and wage garnishment all of their 29.9% interest + late fees vanished! I had to pay about $100 in service, small claims, judgment, and writ fees. It was a steal!LOL
                  That is funny.. However, does it not stay on public record rather than on a credit report?

Comment

got a new letter today saying they are forwarding to an attourney on 7/25to file a judgement. all the others are sending me settlement letters. i had a feeling WF was going to be the toughest. probably why they were the last one i stopped paying.

Comment

is that the way they worded it? we are going to file a judgement against you!@!!, what scare tactics, I would mail them one back with my bk file # with a big happy face on it.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                        is that the way the worded it? we are going to file a judgement against you!@!!, what scare tactics, I would mail them one back with my file # with a big happy face on it.

dear mr.deadbeat,

despite our previous attempts to work with you, you remain a deadbeat and your account remains seriously delinquent. we would like to work with you to resolve this situation. however if you insist on being a dead beat, and you do not contact us by 7/25/09, we may refer your account to an attourney to obtain a money judgement against you.

blah blah blah blah

Comment

lol, u make me want to make a avatar pic with sloth from the goonies

Comment

I would send them a very grainy xerox copy:
                            The first rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club.
                            The second rule of fight club is, you DO NOT talk about fight club.

[about attending support groups for diseases she doesn't have]
                            Marla Singer: It's cheaper than a movie, and there's free coffee.
                            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Wells Fargo has actually been one of the best Ive dealt with. but with some of the horror stories Ive read on the net I guess I just got lucky. I was 2 weeks late on my car payment because I had to pay our attorney,they called and asked why I was late and wanted a payment over the phone. I told them my situation and asked if I could pay the following week at a local branch, they agreed. well come to find out there is no local branch that accepts payments.
                              so I had to mail a M/O to them,recieved a call the following Wednesday{the day after I agreed to make a "branch" payment} and asked where thier money was...told them what happened and the lady laughed about it and asked if I would prefer to pay mid month instead of the first of the month then said they "waved" my late fee and since I included that in my payment they would credit my next bill. granted I have never missed a payment with them,but I am always a day or so late with my payment as I get paid bi weekly and my pay day always seems fall in the wrong spot. I would never recommend WF to anyone as there rates are a joke and god forbid you have a question about your loan..they play stupid and toss you around until you get fed up and stop asking questions.
                              07/31/09 Filed Chapter 7
                              09/11/09 341 Meeting{341 complete. that was easy!}
                              waiting for discharge

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X