top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCO sending duplicate dunning letters, after receiving DV's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCO sending duplicate dunning letters, after receiving DV's.

So, pretty sure, but that is exactly what NCO is doing, in a desperate attempt to let it pass the 30 day mark, and be valid.

I will just lick, yet another envelope and send another DV to them.

So far, only 1 CA has responded to my DV, they sent me every statement for the account in question. The rest, I have no clue what they are doing, but I know one thing, my phone never rings, and the court docket is void of my last name.

But isnt what they are doing a clear violation of the FDCPA, they must think I am stupid.
    Last edited by optimistic1; 07-01-2009, 04:16 PM.

Yes, its called overshadowing. Go to this site for info on how to handle NCO www.creditinfocenter.com
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

NCO started calling with their ROBO caller last week. about the same time every evening. waiting for their letter in the mail so i can DV them.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Well if NCO wants to play this game, play we will, I can send out DV's every month if they think I dont have $5.54 laying around.

BigBoy, how can it be allowed? Don't they have to fulfill the requirement per the FDCPA, this sounds like some sneaky trick they are pulling, all because they simply cannot get me some statements in the mail.

Instead of asking for validation/verification or proof of debt, should I then send them a letter clearly stating that I dispute the debt?

I already changed my DV template to clearly state in bold print, that their claim is disputed, and they need to provide me with proof and an accounting of the balance owed.

The automatic stay clock is ticking at about 4-5 months or less for me, so I think I should just go have a margarita and some carne asada at this point, I have so much going on in my life at this point.
        Last edited by optimistic1; 07-01-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I can reccomend a great market to get that Carne Assada. Some pretty good Pollo Preparado too.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
            ....., so I think I should just go have a margarita and some carne asada at this point, I have so much going on in my life at this point.

ummmmm, my favorite! ...kinda makes the NCO issue fall to the wayside...
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I'm im the mood for a BIG bowl of pesole and a margarita.
              Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
              341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
              Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
                I'm im the mood for a BIG bowl of pesole and a margarita.

Haaa. I make a great Pozole. a friday, tequila night favorite

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                  I can reccomend a great market to get that Carne Assada. Some pretty good Pollo Preparado too.
                  Geez, I can honestly say this is the first time I have come to the boards here and found reason to get hungry.

Thanks.

I know what I will be making this weekend!

11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                  12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                  3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X