Are copies of statements valid DV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are copies of statements valid DV?

I am in it with PBC...Professional Bureau of Collections, on an old Chevron Card. I sent them a CD and DV letter. They sent me back copies of the statements for the last year along with a letter that says, "Enclosed is the requested information on your account."

My question, is this adequate for DV?

My next letter to them will be...prove to me that you are licensed in ARizona to collect the debt...since they are in Elk Grove, CA. Any other ideas?

That is actually above and beyond.

You could ask for evidence that they are assigned to collect the debt (if they got your statements, they most certanly are however).

If you have already done the cease & desist however, i'm not sure what any other steps will buy you. They can either file suit or send it off to somewhere else.

Comment

Yes that is adequate DV, and probably complies with the FACTA red flag rules as well. Probably a copy of just the most recent statement is enough for DV.
      As I understand it, DV requires the name and address of original creditor, and balance from the most recent statement.

So long as you have a CD in place, it effectively limits their choices to either (a) file suit or (b) punt back to the OC since it precludes (c) telephone harassment, which is what most debt collection is predicated upon.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Mine sent me every statement since inception.

Comment

Originally posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
          My next letter to them will be...prove to me that you are licensed in ARizona to collect the debt...since they are in Elk Grove, CA. Any other ideas?

I doubt they would give you that, as that statement or demand is out of the realm of the FDCPA.

And if you sent them that letter, why would they respond back to you if you already sent them the cease and desist?"

When I write my DV's I try to clump several demands (including the one you suggested) and mix it into the FDCPA verification jargon, and hopefully it confuses the hell out of them, and sends them off looking for all that stuff.

Others are hip, but so far that is only one lonely collection agency, the rest are in the twilight zone since receiving my DV.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X