Can they do this ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they do this ?????

I've been searching around here on the forms, but never really got a clear answer so I'm going to ask again (sorry) Can a creditor call your HR department at your job and ask if you still work there ? Is that legal ? How do you get the creditor to stop calling your job ? Wells fargo calls my house at lest 15 times a day ! I don't even answer the phone anymore. Now they are calling my husband at work, and hes not allowed personal phone calls.
    My husband and i have paid our attorney, Mailed back our packet today, so we should be filed no later then next week I just wish this was over !!
    any advice is welcome.
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

well I'm not sure if they can call you at work (if it is the original creditor, I believe they can. But since you are filing next week the calls will stop! Something to look forward to!

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
      well I'm not sure if they can call you at work (if it is the original creditor, I believe they can. But since you are filing next week the calls will stop! Something to look forward to!
      Yes, it is the original creditor, wells fargo ! So once you file, how long till the calls stop ?
      Filed on 7-17-09
      waiting for 341
      341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

After you file start answering the phone. Give them your case number, attorney name and number and the calls will stop.
        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

sounds good to me, in the mean time till i get my case number, what do i tell them ? Do i give them my attorney's name and number or do i just not answer the phone ?
          Filed on 7-17-09
          waiting for 341
          341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

Wells fargo seems to be the most relentless of all my creditors. robo calls all day long to home and work. i dont answer. when I run back the message it's like 2 seconds long and i hear a recording that says "press 1" or "press 5". sometimes they will call 10-15 minutes apart. their nuts
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

absolutely, give them your lawyer's name and number. I did that months ago and the calls have stopped.

Comment

You can also email them a ceast and desist letter, certified mail of course. this should stop all contacts until they go to sue you. the you have to be served with the court docs.

Comment

How can they call you at 3:00 am ?? I've read here in a few threads that there not allowed to call you after 9:00 pm. I happen to live in florida, so that Ca rule wouldn't apply to me. So in other words if i send them a letter in accordance with the federal FDCPA,, that still won't get them to stop ? ah well, can't wait to get my case number, lest i know that'll help me. Also, quick question, you also mentioned that they can tell your employer that you OWE them money and your calling to collect, is that right ?
                  Filed on 7-17-09
                  waiting for 341
                  341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X