creditors don't like lawyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditors don't like lawyers?

I finally started to hand out my lawyer's contact info to my creditors. Since I have not talked to any of them in months they seem to be quite happy to get me finally on the phone. Once I tell them, though, that I just want to let them know that I am being represented by a lawyer their mood goes down the drain and all the smiles, hellos, and other niceties turn into grumpiness and sometimes comments that border on threads. Nice!

Well of course, because they cant hound you now, and they know you are protected by the law. You are an educated consumer.

Comment

The best line I have gotten from creditors after I tell them I filed bankruptcy is "Yes, but the debt is not between me and your lawyer, it is between me and you".
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
        The best line I have gotten from creditors after I tell them I filed bankruptcy is "Yes, but the debt is not between me and your lawyer, it is between me and you".
        I just LOVE this response. BJ, (in no disrespect. LOL) This is a new one on me. You got me laughing my fool a$$ off.

In any case, they did not like the fact that their POWER was diminished. Isn't it great? 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yeah this is funny. On the surface there is the knowledge that hiring the lawyer made their job of collecting a lot tougher. On a more subtle level there is the knowledge that *your* lawyer is first in line to "consume" any assets which might remain in the "estate", which must make them really crazy.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X