Credit Card Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
    Oh please optimistic1, you just don't get it do you? You can come on here AGAIN and insult others but then you run around again playing the poor me role...please!!! You do it so much its laughable. And yes we all know its you...LOL

I would prefer you not include me in your battles with optimistic1 or inevitable. We don't ALL know who inevitable is or was....or for that matter care.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Who is optimistic?

Comment

Originally posted by inevitable View Post
        Who is optimistic?
        I'm optimistic I'll come out the other side of BK in great shape!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

It be nicer if you guys put all of this effort on helping rather than fighting

Comment

What are you talking about? Who included you in anything? I never addressed or even responded to one of your posts.
            I don't believe you should hide behind the cloak of "we all know". I believe it's best if each of us posts solely for ourselves and refrain from using phrases that include other posters who may not "all know".

You're free to do whatever you please. I simply would prefer you not include me in your battles.

Comment

I wont discuss it in the forum. But apparently you don't know how to confirm it, I do. Optimistic, I am not making a guess, I know for a fact.
              This is much better!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyatu View Post
                It be nicer if you guys put all of this effort on helping rather than fighting
                Spyatu, I wish you all the best and hope you work things out, you can PM me if you have more questions, which will cut down on the negative posts made by people.

Comment

This thread seems to be getting off the original subject..........
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Most people would have realized it was a matter of semantics and did not include yourself.

But on the other hand I also don't feel it was really necessary for you to state "...hide behind the cloak of "we all know". This was very presumptuous of you, considering what I said was not a direct implication of yourself but a general statement often used.

What you chose to post about me was an unfounded personal opinion that had no bases of truth.

Had I made a statement like; ...everyone in this thread knows who you are... then yes your complaint would have been very valid. To assume that my saying "we all know" included you, again is matter of semantics and I am more than willing to state that myself and some others do know what is going on and most others here do not.

But come on, it didn't warrant your accusation i am hiding behind "...the cloak of we all know". You should know by now I am a stand up person and take full responsibility for what I post and I do not ever try to drag anyone else into my issues. i apologize if you took my statement of "we all know" to include you it was never meant to infer that to you or anyone else.
                    Okay!

Comment

Thanks All!!
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you, maybe we can get back on track, I have receive the letter which indicates that I have to answer witting 30 days, should I gather all the evidence I have that I have try to settle this account and send it to them or should I .....do what ?

Comment

Thanks for the Help. I'm in Florida. The letter came regular mail nothing was singed. and it goes........ This is the first document that I have ever received.

xxxxx and xxxx Attorney at Law
                          Re: Citibank
                          Amount 30k

We have been retained by the above creditor to collect your overdue account.

Therefore,unless you dispute the validity of this debt (see below)

Your check or money order should be made payable to Citibank,and mailed to the address listed above. Please write your account number on the payment.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me

Sincerely xxxxx

"This is an attempt to collect a debt,and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This is a communication from a debt collector.

Unless you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion within 30 days of receipt of this notice, we will assume this debt is valid as stated. If you write and dispute this debt; or any portion of it,within the 30 days,we will obtain and mail verification of debt,or a copy of the judgment,whichever is applicable.Upon written request,within 30 days,we will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor,if different from the current creditor."

Comment

Originally posted by Spyatu View Post
                            Thanks for the Help. I'm in Florida. The letter came regular mail nothing was singed. and it goes........ This is the first document that I have ever received.

xxxxx and xxxx Attorney at Law
                            Re: Citibank
                            Amount 30k

We have been retained by the above creditor to collect your overdue account.

Therefore,unless you dispute the validity of this debt (see below)

Your check or money order should be made payable to Citibank,and mailed to the address listed above. Please write your account number on the payment.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me

Sincerely xxxxx

"This is an attempt to collect a debt,and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This is a communication from a debt collector.

Unless you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion within 30 days of receipt of this notice, we will assume this debt is valid as stated. If you write and dispute this debt; or any portion of it,within the 30 days,we will obtain and mail verification of debt,or a copy of the judgment,whichever is applicable.Upon written request,within 30 days,we will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor,if different from the current creditor."
                            Sounds like a form letter to me. I got one from Bracken whatever back in February and I've got one from Zwie??? for another account in March & seems like I got one in June from some other bunch of Lawyers. When i got the one from that Zwie?? I googled them and they are not licensed to do business in AR.

I would try to find them, but since we are not filing BK until 9/09, I've kinna thrown them in a shoebox along with statements. Know the time is coming up soon to put them in order to add them to my original Creditor Matrix.

I don't think you have anything to worry about until you get something you need to sign for or has a specific Court location, date and time.

Our BK Attorney said if we got something really official, he would file something in court to delay it until we get our BK filed.

Comment

Thanks, I find it weird that there's no signature on the letter and the sentence.......This is a communication from a debt collector. I'd like to know what will come next and how should I prepare

Comment

You received a "dunning" letter from a debt collector. They clearly identify themselves as a debt collector.

Here is what I would do. Others will do things differently.

Send them a letter. State you deny the alleged debt. State you are requesting debt verification as allowed under the FDCPA and appropriate state laws.

Do not admit anything in your letter. Keep it simple and request the "debt collector" to furnish you with verification of the debt.

Your letter should be clear with no spelling or punctuation errors.

Make it very clear as to the mailing address where you can be contacted via US mail.

Upon receipt of your request, the FDCPA states that further attempts at collection must cease until such verification is obtained. You can wait until 18-20 days from your receipt of their letter and then send your request. I send my requests certified-mail-return-receipt. Others do not. But, with CMRR, you always have a record of whether or not the CA or collection attorney received your letter.

This is not legal advice. This is what I do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X