Possible visit by process server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible visit by process server.

Guy comes to the door today, suit and tie on, what a dead give away. Anyway, we dont answer of course, and he never leaves anything.

Cant figure it out, as I did a case lookup statewide searching every court docket, and there is nothing at all. I even called the courts myself and had them look it up, yet there is nothing. The court did tell me that they can serve me by certified mail, to which I plan on not answering the door for the mail lady as well, nor will I go to the post office and sign for anything until I am ready to file.

Wondering now if this was just a solicitor, or a mormon missionary, but I cant see how it was a process server if the courts are not showing anything under my name.

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
    Guy comes to the door today, suit and tie on, what a dead give away. Anyway, we dont answer of course, and he never leaves anything.

Cant figure it out, as I did a case lookup statewide searching every court docket, and there is nothing at all. I even called the courts myself and had them look it up, yet there is nothing. The court did tell me that they can serve me by certified mail, to which I plan on not answering the door for the mail lady as well, nor will I go to the post office and sign for anything until I am ready to file.

Wondering now if this was just a solicitor, or a mormon missionary, but I cant see how it was a process server if the courts are not showing anything under my name.
    The Latter Day Saints that stroll the neighborhoods always travel in pairs.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Your'e right, so it must have been a server, and the computer system has yet to show the complaint being filed is my guess. I am now expecting this douchebag to show up at my work. My attorney that I use with my program can represent me if I end up getting served, so hopefully that will do some good. What really was funny, is the court told me just stop answering the door, then I wont have to worry about it. I doubt they could even figure out where I work. Local court rules do allow service by certified mail and service by publication, so if they publish it, im screwed.
      Last edited by optimistic1; 07-16-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Was there a van outside labled Prize Patrol? Did the "douchebag" look like Ed McMahon?
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

It is illegal to purposely avoid service. However, you do not need to make their job easy. Once they announce who they are, you must accept, but you don't have to answer a door if you feel it is stressful to you. They can leave a civil summons at your work, or with your spouse or any person living with you that is 18 years or older. That is legal. They MUST identify themselves and they usually wear an ID tag around their neck not to get shot. They cannot trespass a closed gate. If you have a yard and the gate is locked you can have very bad hearing. But, sooner, or later, you must accept service or a Court order or bench warrant can be issued. Rare though.

IF it is a summons from the Federal Court, ONLY YOU can be served by hand and in your hand or pocket. No other way with Federal. If you avoid then a Federal Marshal can serve you and by force he may do so. Not to upset you, just a bit of law I personally know. 'Hub

P.S. it was probably a Fuller Brush man anyway.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            P.S. it was probably a Fuller Brush man anyway.
            You are giving away your age. Most of us youngin's have no idea what a Fuller Brush man is!

Comment

No doubt, I am going to wikipedia Fuller Brush right after this post.

Well that is good to know it is illegal, but I dont want any added stress to my life, and I never answer the door to anyone I don't know just as a general rule, so too bad for them. I dont think it will get to the point where they will do all of those things, only because I know I am filing soon.

UPDATE!

I spoke to some neighbors down the street, it was a jehovah witness, yay for me!!!

Comment

The Fuller Brush Company was founded January 1, 1906, by Alfred Carl Fuller, a businessman from Nova Scotia, Canada.

The company began with door-to-door sales of brushes of various sorts, including hairbrushes with a lifetime guarantee, for which the company gained fame.

LOL, that is just too funny, back then this was like their version of online shopping, door to door comb salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  You are giving away your age. Most of us youngin's have no idea what a Fuller Brush man is!
                  hes wrong.........it was Jewel T
                  Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

And a new idea strikes! Go into the process server business. Two of us walk around in suits carrying "pamphlets" or pushing around a vacumn cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      Was there a van outside labled Prize Patrol? Did the "douchebag" look like Ed McMahon?

haha, Ed McMahon is dead!

Comment

optimistic!, it could have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They do show up.
                        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

BigJohn, it was a Jehovah witness, read farther up! It was a relief for sure, I cant handle this right now, bad timing to say the least.

Comment

I can imagine how relieved you were. It would be disheartening to discover you've been served when there is nothing on your state/county dockets in your name. I'm sure it happens, but such unexpected service could knock the wind out of you.

I guess there is a shining star in filing for BK and getting it done with. Looking over one's shoulders for years could get old, depending on your tolerance for stress.

Comment

At this point my tolerance is very limited, I usually tend to think the worst for atleast the first day, until common sense and reality sets in. I know one thing, I am prepared nonetheless, not your typical consumer by any means, so they have another thing coming.

On another note,

There is this info I found recently, which may happen, but I would still need to be served regardless. There are some stipulations I read about concerning this too.

The Uniform Enforcement of
                              Foreign Judgments Act

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X