What's The Likelihood They Come After Assests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's The Likelihood They Come After Assests

I hope I'm not racing against the clock, but I was wondering what's the likelihood that a creditor will come after my assets?

I am about to file bankruptcy once I take the debt management class tomorrow.

I have a default judgement against my former bank and they have garnished my wages, but I don't work at the company anymore.

But to their knowledge I don't think they know that I moved....

But what happends if they come and try to take my assests, and I haven't yet filed for Bankruptcy?

Can I claim exemptions or just show 'em I'm ready to file for Bankruptcy?

what state do you live in? It all depends on your state law.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Ohio

Comment

Do you have anything worth taking? Most likely target would be a car.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I just got knick knacks, little things like that....
          I don't own a car or house.

The judgement was only for $1,876......

I am in the exemption amount of $5000 of assests

Comment

They don't want your trinkets. It appears you have nothing they will want. You will be fine.
            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Nope I dont have nothing secured with them...

I closed my fifth third account and opened up a new bank account somewhere else, where I left all but .85 cents in...

Comment

Nothing to worry about, as long as you have not forgotten a painting worth 50k or some land that is worth a million.

If it is just household items, you are safe.
                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                  Do you have anything worth taking? Most likely target would be a car.
                  If his debts are unsecured credit cards, his vehicle or anyone else would be exempt.

Comment

Shut the freakin' $0.85 account down!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                      Not closing the bank account can cost you big $$ if they try to levy against the account. Even though there is only less than a $1.00 in it the bank will charge you fees that can run around $200 for an account seizure. So you need to close the bank account to avoid them from trying to take your $0.85 and it costing you a lot in fees.

Other than that you seem to meet the exemptions and have nothing to worry about for the time being.
                      Ok I am ine same situation as far as having a checking acct that I pulled most of the coin out of last fall and just keep roughly 100 bux in it to keep open yet.I have never had any bills paid auto thru it.Far as cc I had wrote checks to them I did and the bank is not connected with the cc banks. So say theyd put a levy against my checking acct where would the big$$ come from ?What fees would there be I guess I am asking.I hate to close it because once I get a job gona need to be able to cash checks without paying rediculous fees thru a check cashing center etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
                        I just got knick knacks, little things like that....
                        I don't own a car or house.

The judgement was only for $1,876......

I am in the exemption amount of $5000 of assests
                        LOL!! I think your trinkets are safe....
                        I would close the account, you don't want to incur any NSF fees, etc.
                        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I'm wondering if Nick is even a candidate for bankruptcy given he has no assets and the only debt/judgement we know of is an $1,800 one.
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

thanks for the info bigboy.i am thinking it might be wise to get the acct closed then with them sort of fees. Would they also be able to put a freeze on a lockbox that I have there?Or I spose I would have to close that as well seeing I would no longer have a checking acct there?

Comment

Bigboy you got me confused with someone else for the 1800 dollors.Anyways I did go today and closed the acct and opened up another acct at a different bank also switched the safe deposit box to the new bank.
                              I have no judgements yet but you just never know when and if the crap hits the fan.Everything has been in collections approx 4 months from the OC.Quit paying back 09-08.Thanks for the responce again bigboy
                              P.S. about 80k in cc debt.cards are all over the small claims limits

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X